Thursday, July 8, 2021
- COVID-19 Accelerated and Advance Payments: Updated FAQs
- COVID-19 Snapshot: Impact on the Medicare Population
- July Quarterly Update for 2021 Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies (DMEPOS) Fee Schedule
- October Quarterly Update to 2021 Annual Update of HCPCS Codes Used for Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Consolidated Billing (CB) Enforcement — Revised
CMS updated FAQs (PDF) about repayment of COVID-19 accelerated and advance payments. If you got these payments, learn more about how recoupment works and how it affects your Medicare claims payment amounts.
- COVID-19 Accelerated and Advance Payments webpage
- Repayment of COVID-19 Accelerated and Advance Payments Began on March 30, 2021 (PDF)
CMS released a snapshot of the impact of COVID-19 on the Medicare population from January 1, 2020 - April 24, 2021. The updated data shows over 4.3 million COVID-19 cases and over 1.2 million COVID-19 hospitalizations.
An Office of Inspector General (OIG) report found that Registered Nurses (RNs) didn’t always:
- Visit hospice patients’ homes at least once every 14 days to assess the quality of care and services provided by hospice aides
- Document these visits as required
Review the Enhancing RN Supervision of Hospice Aide Services (PDF) fact sheet to learn about roles and documentation.
- Hospice Conditions of Participation Final Rule
- Medicare Fee-for-Service Response to the Public Health Emergency on COVID-19 (PDF) MLN Matters Article
- State Operations Manual Appendix M – Guidance to Surveyors: Hospice (PDF)
July Quarterly Update for 2021 Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies (DMEPOS) Fee Schedule
October Quarterly Update to 2021 Annual Update of HCPCS Codes Used for Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Consolidated Billing (CB) Enforcement — Revised
This newsletter is current as of the issue date. View the complete disclaimer.
The Medicare Learning Network®, MLN Connects®, and MLN Matters® are registered trademarks of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).