When: Wednesday, February 26, 2020, from 2 to 3:30 pm ET
Registration: Register for Medicare Learning Network events.
- Presentation: Available prior to the event
- Audio recording and transcript: Available approximately 2 weeks after the event
The Substance Use-Disorder Prevention that Promotes Opioid Recovery and Treatment for Patients and Communities Act (SUPPORT Act) outlines national strategies to help address opioid misuse. As part of Section 6084, CMS must evaluate the extent to which Medicare Advantage plans offer supplemental benefits to treat or prevent substance use disorders (SUDs) not otherwise covered under traditional Medicare including how Medicare Advantage plans make the determination to offer supplemental benefits to treat SUDs.
CMS wants to collect your feedback on:
- Availability of supplemental benefits to treat or prevent SUDs
- Challenges associated with offering SUD-related supplemental benefits
- Solutions to improve coverage or incentivize the availability of SUD-related supplemental benefits to improve care
Target Audience: Medicare Advantage plans and Pharmacy Benefit Managers