When: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, from 2 to 3:30 pm ET
Registration: for Medicare Learning Network events.
- Presentation: Available prior to the event
- Audio recording and transcript: Available approximately 2 weeks after the event
On March 9, CMS released the , outlining opportunities to put patients first by giving them better access to their health information. CMS and the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology identified technical standards to support data exchange through secure Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). This secure, standards-based approach will help unleash innovation in health care, empower patients to be informed decision makers, and reduce burden on payers and providers. CMS Administrator Seema Verma opens this call, followed by an overview by CMS experts.
Learn about the provisions that impact you and get answers to your questions. Topics:
- Patient access API
- Provider directory API
- Payer-to-payer data exchange
- Public reporting and information blocking
- Provider digital contact information
- Revisions to the conditions of participation for hospitals and critical access hospitals
We encourage you to review the prior to the call.
Target Audience: All Medicare fee-for-service providers and industry-wide stakeholders.
For More Information:
- To request TTY services, email at least 3 business days before the event