When: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, from 1:30 to 3 pm ET
Registration: for Medicare Learning Network events.
On May 1, CMS released the final rule, listing ways to give patients better access to their health information. Using data exchange through secure Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), we took a first step in making health information more available to patients and moving toward greater interoperability across the health care system. This approach to data exchange will allow patients to make informed decisions and reduce burden on payers and providers.
During this call, we’ll answer your questions about implementing these policies:
- Public reporting and information blocking – targeting late 2020/early 2021
- Provider digital contact information in the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System – targeting March , 2021
- Revisions to the Conditions of Participation (CoPs) of for hospitals and critical access hospitals – effective April 30, 2021
- Patient Access API – enforced after July 1, 2021
- Provider Directory API – enforced after July 1, 2021
- Payer-to-payer data exchange – effective January 1, 2022
- Improving the dual eligible experience – effective April 1, 2022
Visit the for more information about the final rule and to find resources.
Target Audience: All Medicare fee-for-service providers, payers, and industry-wide stakeholders
For More Information:
- To request TTY services, email at least 3 business days before the event