Coronavirus (COVID-19) Partner Resources
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is taking action to protect the health and safety of our nation’s patients and providers in the wake of the 2019 Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
CMS has compiled these resources to help you stay informed on CMS, HHS CDC and other materials and resources available on the COVID-19 vaccine. Please share these materials, bookmark the page, and check back often for the most up-to-date information.
Please refresh your browser often to see the most up-to-date information.
To listen to the audio files and read the transcripts for the COVID-19 Stakeholder calls, visit the Podcast and Transcripts page.
To keep up with the important work CMS is doing in response to COVID-19, please visit the Current Emergencies Website.
- CDC Homepage
- USA.gov (Spanish)
- CMS COVID-19 Vaccine Policies & Guidance
- HHS COVID Vaccine Education Campaign
J&J COVID-19 Vaccine: Health Alert
The CDC issued a Health Alert, about the CDC and FDA’s recommended pause in the use of the J&J COVID-19 vaccine, in part, to ensure that the health care provider community is aware of the potential for adverse events and can provide proper management due to the unique treatment required with this type of blood clot.
For more information:
- SIGN UP to join the COVID-19 Community Corps
- Dr. Fauci’s video on what people need to know about the J&J vaccine recommended pause
- CDC’s FAQs on the J&J Vaccine Pause
- HRSA’s Fact Sheets for Patients and Providers on COVID-19 Care for Uninsured Individuals
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Stakeholder Calls
Join CMS for our We Can Do This COVID-19 Vaccine Campaign Toolkit Webinars
The HHS We Can Do This campaign is a national initiative working hand in hand with trusted leaders and community organizations to continue to build confidence in COVID-19 vaccines and get more people vaccinated. This campaign offers tailored resources and toolkits for stakeholders to use to provide COVID-19 vaccine information to at-risk populations.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is partnering with the campaign to offer several webinars to walk through each toolkit and its resources and train community organizations, local voices and trusted leaders to use the campaign tools for vaccine outreach efforts to diverse communities.
Webinar dates and registration links are below:
- Tuesday, June 15th, 1:00-1:30 pm ET: General Populations Toolkit – Recording coming soon
- Thursday, June 17th, 1:00-1:30 pm ET: Rural Communities Toolkit - Register here
- Tuesday, June 22nd, 1:00-1:30 pm ET: Spanish Language Toolkits – Register here*
- Thursday June 24th, 1:00-1:30 pm ET: Healthcare workers Toolkit – Register here
- Tuesday, June 29th, 1:00-1:30 pm ET: Faith-Based Toolkit – Register here
- Thursday, July 1st, 1:00-2:00 pm ET: Toolkits for Racial and Ethnic Minority Communities - Register here
- Thursday, July 8th, 1:00-1:30 pm ET:Older Adults Toolkit – Register here
*This webinar will be offered in Spanish.
More information on regarding the We Can Do This campaign can be found here: https://wecandothis.hhs.gov/
Join the Community Corps to get tips, tools and resources to share with friends, family and your community to help encourage them to get vaccinated: https://wecandothis.hhs.gov/covidcommunitycorps
If you have questions regarding the webinars, please contact us: Partnership@cms.hhs.gov
If you work with:
The General Public
- How to Protect Yourself and Others
- The 3Ws (Wear, Wait, Wash) and promote vaccinations – especially among those who are hesitant.
- Wash Your Hands Video
- CDC's tips on How to Protect Yourself and Others
- Tell Me More - Vaccine Safety Video
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccines Page – Get answers to common vaccine questions and search your state or territory to see how and when you can get vaccinated.
Communications, Toolkits and Resources
- New CMS Medicare Be Next Campaign Toolkit
- NEW Long-Term Care Community Champions Videos – Voices from the Front Lines
- NEW HHS COVID-19 Public Education Campaign – We Can Do This - Campaign resources and toolkits
- NEW CMS COVID-19 Fraud Campaign Toolkit – social media messaging and downloadable graphics (ZIP)
- NEW COVID-19 Fraud Campaign videos: Protect Yourself from Fraud and What Do You Say to Vaccine Scammers?
- HHS Office of Minority Health #VaccineReady Campaign Toolkit - resources, sample social media messages, and downloadable graphics
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Communication Toolkit
- CDC COVID-19 Communications Resources and Tools
- FDA COVID-19 Social Media Toolkit
- Stop the Spread of Germs Infographic
- COVID-19 Symptoms Infographic
- From Coverage to Care (C2C) COVID-19 Resources
- Interim Guidance for Community and Faith Leaders
- Checklist for Community and Faith Leaders
- Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
- Rural Health Information Hub – Rural Response to COVID-19
- Rural Response to COVID-19 Webinars and Teleconferences
- NEW Stay Protected from COVID-19 – Medicare Covers the Vaccine card
- NEW Bring Your Medicare Card When You Get Your COVID-19 Vaccine card
- Medicare & Coronavirus page
- Medicare coverage page on COVID-19 vaccines
- Medicare Coverage page on COVID-19 monoclonal antibody treatments
- Medicare fraud page
- What Older Adults Need to Know about COVID-19 Vaccines
- Toolkit for People with Disabilities
- Guidance for Vaccinating Older Adults and People with Disabilities: Ensuring Equitable COVID-19 Vaccine Access
- Vaccine Considerations for People with Disabilities
- Guidance for Direct Service Providers for People with Disabilities
- Vaccinating Homebound Persons With COVID-19 Vaccine
- Toolkit for People Experiencing Homelessness
- COVID-19 vaccines for Patients in Dialysis Clinics
- Taking Care of your Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
- Virtual Recovery Resources
- Managing Stress During the COVID-19 Pandemic
If you are a Clinician
- CDC Health Alert on the J&J COVID-19 vaccine - This alert includes specific recommendations for clinicians.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Administration – No Out-of-Pocket Cost to Patients
- CMS COVID-19 Vaccine Page for Providers
- CDC COVID-19 Information for Healthcare Professionals
- COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Blanket Waivers for Health Care Providers (PDF) (12/1/20)
- Coronavirus Waivers and Flexibilities
- Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA)
- Information for Clinicians on Therapeutic Options for COVID-19 Patients
- Medicare Telehealth Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) (now included in all-inclusive FAQs) UPDATED (1/7/21)
- HHS telehealth guidance & information
Nursing Home and Long-Term Care Facilities
- CMS Nursing Home Resource Center
- CDC Long-Term Care Facility Toolkit
- HHS COVID-19 Long-Term Care Resources
If you are a Health Plan or a State
- Medicaid.gov - COVID-19 Guidance and Resources for States
- State Health Office Letter - Planning for the Resumption of Normal State Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and Basic Health Program (BHP) Operations Upon Conclusion of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- Coverage and Reimbursement of COVID-19 Vaccines, Vaccine Administration, and Cost Sharing under Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program, and Basic Health Program Toolkit
Medicaid Section 1135 Waivers
- Medicaid 1135 Waiver Opportunity and Application Checklist
- List of Approved State Medicaid 1135 Waivers
This resource, and earlier CMS actions in response to the COVID-19 virus, are part of the ongoing White House Task Force efforts. To keep up with the important work the Task Force is doing in response to COVID-19 click here Coronavirus.gov. For information specific to CMS, please visit the Current Emergencies Website.
Updated May 21, 2021