The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is taking action to protect the health and safety of our nation’s patients and providers in the wake of the 2019 Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
CMS has compiled these resources to help you stay informed on CMS, HHS CDC and other materials and resources available on the COVID-19 vaccine. Please share these materials, bookmark the page, and check back often for the most up-to-date information.
You can find these and more resources on the CMS COVID-19 Policies & Guidance and the HHS COVID Education Campaign page.
Please refresh your browser often to see the most up-to-date information.
To listen to the audio files and read the transcripts for the COVID-19 Stakeholder calls, visit the Podcast and Transcripts page.
To keep up with the important work CMS is doing in response to COVID-19, please visit the Current Emergencies Website.
- CDC Homepage
- USA.gov (Spanish)
- CMS COVID-19 Vaccine Policies & Guidance
- HHS COVID Vaccine Education Campaign
COVID-19 Vaccine Additional Dose
Medicare stands ready to pay for administering an additional dose of COVID-19 vaccine consistent with the FDA emergency use authorization (EUA). We’ll pay the same amount to administer this additional dose as we did for other doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (approximately $40 each). We’ll share more information in the coming days about billing and coding.
For more information:
For more information:
- SIGN UP to join the COVID-19 Community Corps
- HRSA’s Fact Sheets for Patients and Providers on COVID-19 Care for Uninsured Individuals
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Stakeholder Calls
Wednesday, August 25, 2021 4:00pm-4:30pmET- National Nursing Home Stakeholder Call- Join the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for a National Nursing Home Stakeholder Call. During this call, we will provide a recap of recent announcements and provide National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) updates. *** Register in advance for this Zoom Call:*** https://cms.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_WreK5eubQsqGlWbvr7wbpQ
Join CMS for our We Can Do This COVID-19 Vaccine Campaign Toolkit Webinars
The HHS We Can Do This campaign is a national initiative working hand in hand with trusted leaders and community organizations to continue to build confidence in COVID-19 vaccines and get more people vaccinated. This campaign offers tailored resources and toolkits for stakeholders to use to provide COVID-19 vaccine information to at-risk populations.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is partnering with the campaign to offer several webinars to walk through each toolkit and its resources and train community organizations, local voices and trusted leaders to use the campaign tools for vaccine outreach efforts to diverse communities.
For complete list of webinars and recordings, visit the Podcast and Transcripts page.
If you work with:
The General Public
- How to Protect Yourself and Others
- The 3Ws (Wear, Wait, Wash) and promote vaccinations– especially among those who are hesitant.
- Wash Your Hands Video
- CDC's tips on How to Protect Yourself and Others
- Tell Me More - Vaccine Safety Video
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccines Page – Get answers to common vaccine questions and search your state or territory to see how and when you can get vaccinated.
- Stay Protected from COVID-19 – Medicare Covers the Vaccine card
- Bring Your Medicare Card When You Get Your COVID-19 Vaccine card
- Medicare & Coronavirus page
- Medicare coverage page on COVID-19 vaccines
- Medicare Coverage page on COVID-19 monoclonal antibody treatments
- Medicare fraud page
- Considering Faith, Community, and Mental Health During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Toolkit for Community and Faith-Based Organizations
- Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
- Rural Health Insurance Hub – Rural Response to COVID-19
- Rural Response to COVID-19 Webinars and Teleconferences
- NEW CDC DATA: COVID-19 Vaccination Safe for Pregnant People
- What Older Adults Need to Know about COVID-19 Vaccines
- Toolkit for People with Disabilities
- Guidance for Vaccinating Older Adults and People with Disabilities: Ensuring Equitable COVID-19 Vaccine Access
- Vaccine Considerations for People with Disabilities
- Guidance for Direct Service Providers for People with Disabilities
- Vaccinating Homebound Persons With COVID-19 Vaccine
- Toolkit for People Experiencing Homelessness
- COVID-19 Vaccines for Patients in Dialysis Clinics
Nursing Home and Long-Term Care Facilities
- CMS Nursing Home Resource Center
- CDC Long-Term Care Facility Toolkit
- HHS COVID-19 Long-Term Care Resources
Additional Communications, Toolkits and Resources
CMS Medicare "Be Next" Campaign Toolkit
- Resources in English (ZIP)
- Campaign Videos in English (ZIP)
- Resources in Spanish (ZIP)
- Campaign Video in Spanish
Long-Term Care Community Champions Videos
- Long-Term Care Community Champions - Video #1
- Long-Term Care Community Champions - Video #2
- Long-Term Care Community Champions – Video #3
Other Resources and Toolkits
- Resources about COVID-19 Vaccine Boosters
- HHS COVID-19 Public Education Campaign – We Can Do This
- Campaign resources and toolkits
- HHS Office of Minority Health #VaccineReady Campaign Toolkit, sample social media messages, and downloadable graphics
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Communication Toolkit
- CDC COVID-19 Communications Resources and Tools
- FDA COVID-19 Social Media Toolkit
- Stop the Spread of Germs Infographic
- COVID-19 Symptoms Infographic
- From Coverage to Care (C2C) COVID-19 Resources
Protect Yourself from Coronavirus Scams
- Help Fight Medicare Fraud
- Identify Theft: Protect Yourself
- How to Report Medicare Fraud
- CMS COVID-19 Fraud Campaign Toolkit – social media messaging and downloadable graphics (ZIP) (ZIP)
- COVID-19 Fraud Campaign videos - Protect Yourself from Fraud and What Do You Say to Vaccine Scammers?
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Resources
- Taking Care of your Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
- Virtual Recovery Resources
- Managing Stress During the COVID-19 Pandemic
If you are a Clinician
- COVID-19 Vaccine Administration – No Out-of-Pocket Cost to Patients
- CMS COVID-19 Toolkit for Providers
- CDC COVID-19 Information for Healthcare Professionals
- COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Blanket Waivers for Health Care Providers (PDF)
- Coronavirus Waivers and Flexibilities
- Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA)
- Information for Clinicians on Therapeutic Options for COVID-19 Patients
- Medicare Telehealth Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) (now included in all-inclusive FAQs) UPDATED (1/7/21)
- HHS Telehealth Guidance & Information
If you are a Health Plan or a State
- Medicaid.gov - COVID-19 Guidance and Resources for States
- State Health Office Letter - Planning for the Resumption of Normal State Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and Basic Health Program (BHP) Operations Upon Conclusion of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- Coverage and Reimbursement of COVID-19 Vaccines, Vaccine Administration, and Cost Sharing under Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program, and Basic Health Program Toolkit
Medicaid Section 1135 Waivers
- Medicaid 1135 Waiver Opportunity and Application Checklist
- List of Approved State Medicaid 1135 Waivers
Medicaid Home and Community Based 1915(c) Waivers/Appendix K
- Appendix K Templates, Documents, Instructions and List of Approved Waivers
- COVID-19 Appendix K Instructions
This resource, and earlier CMS actions in response to the COVID-19 virus, are part of the ongoing White House Task Force efforts. To keep up with the important work the Task Force is doing in response to COVID-19 click here Coronavirus.gov. For information specific to CMS, please visit the Current Emergencies Website.
CMS is regularly posting resources. Please note that the most updated information can be found on Coronavirus.gov, FDA.gov, and USA.gov.
Updated August 19, 2021