Data and Program Reports
CMS is renaming the EHR Incentive Programs to the Promoting Interoperability (PI) Programs to continue the agency’s focus on improving patients’ access to health information and reducing the time and cost required of providers to comply with the programs’ requirements. CMS is also in the process of finalizing updates to the programs through rulemaking. For more information, visit the landing page where CMS will publish updates and additional resources as soon as they are available.
Here's where you'll find Medicare and Medicaid Promoting Interoperability (PI) Programs (formerly known as the EHR Incentive Programs) payment and registration data in report form.
As of June 2018, more than 545,841 health care providers received payment for participating in the Medicare and Medicaid (PI) Programs. In May 2013, CMS announced that more than half of all eligible health care providers had been paid under the Medicare and Medicaid (PI) Programs.
Overview Payment Reports
- June Medicare EHR Incentive Payments
- June Medicaid EHR Incentive Payments
- Medicare Advantage Organization Payments
HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY POLICY COMMITTEE:
The Health IT Policy Committee (HITPC) is comprised of appointed members who make recommendations to the National Coordinator for Health IT on a policy framework for the development and adoption of a nationwide health information infrastructure, including standards for the exchange of patient medical information.
For information on past and future meetings, including meeting materials and audio, click here.
State Breakdown of Payments to Medicare and Medicaid Providers through June 30, 2018
- More than $24.8 billion in Medicare (PI) Program payments have been made between May 2011 and June 2018.
- More than $12.9 billion in Medicaid PI Program payments have been made between January 2011 (when the first set of states launched their programs) and June 2018.
Individual State Reporting
- June Payments by Individual States
- June Payments by States by Program
- June Payments by States by Program and Provider
- Excel Version
State Breakdown of Registration by Medicaid and Medicare Providers through June 2018
- More than 642,500 eligible professionals (EPs), eligible hospitals, and critical access hospitals (CAHs) are actively registered in the Medicare and Medicaid (PI) Programs as of June 2018.
Individual State Reporting
State Breakdown of Registration by Medicare Providers through June 2018
- More than 400,000 EPs have registered for the Medicare PI Program as of June 2018.
State Breakdown of Registration by Medicaid Providers through June 2018
- More than 237,500 EPs have registered for the Medicaid PI Program as of June 2018.
Update on State Launches of Medicaid PI Program
- All 50 states have launched their Medicaid PI Programs.
- The Medicaid State Information web page lists the websites for each state Medicaid program.
2011 Meaningful Use White Paper
PI Programs: 2011 Meaningful Use Census - The CMS white paper analyzes PI data by state and specialty type for EPs and eligible hospitals who participated in the 2011 Medicare EHR Incentive Program.
Attestation Performance data Through March 2015 - includes 2014 provider attestation data through March 20, 2015.
PI Data: Public Use Files
The most recent Medicare PI Program EPs Public Use File (PUF), and the most recent Medicare PI Program Eligible Hospitals Public Use File (PUF) can be found here.
Recipients of Medicare PI Program Payments
In compliance with the HITECH Act's requirement, CMS has posted the names, business phone numbers, and business addresses of Medicare (EPs), eligible hospitals, and (CAHs) that have successfully demonstrated PI and received a payment. Medicare EPs, eligible hospitals, and CAH's were able to verify and edit their business phone numbers and addresses during the registration process. CMS has not posted information on group practices, as incentive payments are not provided at the group practice level.
Not all providers are eligible for the Medicare PI Program. Only those professionals, hospitals, and CAHs that are eligible based on the regulation's eligibility requirements, attested to meaningfully using an EHR, and have received a Medicare incentive payment will be displayed online. Finally, the Act does not require CMS to post the names of EPs, eligible hospitals and CAHs that have received Medicaid PI Program payments. In addition, please note that these lists will be updated on a quarterly basis.
- Page last Modified: 08/14/2018 11:44 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins