Welcome to the Providers page. This page was developed to help Medicaid and CHIP providers better understand the PERM process and what you may be required to do during a PERM review. CMS uses a 17-State rotation cycle for PERM. Each State is reviewed once every three years. The measurement cycles are:
- Cycle 1 - Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
- Cycle 2 - Alabama, California, Colorado, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia.
- Cycle 3 - Alaska, Arizona, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New York, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Washington.
For PERM information specific to your State, please refer to the State contact list at http://www.cms.gov/PERM/Downloads/PERM_CL.pdf. For general PERM program and provider specific questions CMS may be contacted at PERMProviders@cms.hhs.gov .
Also, as a provider, you may be part of an audit separate from the PERM review. Please see the links below pertaining to the Recovery Contractor and Medicaid Integrity Audits to learn more.
- Provider Education Frequently Asked Questions [PDF, 76KB]
- PERM - Initial Request for Records Letter [PDF, 73KB]
- PERM Overview for Providers [PDF, 533KB]
- Claim Category Documentation Matrix [PDF, 209KB]
- Updating PERM on esMD [PDF, 761KB]
- CMS PERM State Contact List 2013 [PDF, 215KB]
- PERM Provider Education Calls [PDF, 131KB]
- Updating PERM on esMD [PDF, 1MB]
- 2013 Webinar Invitation_13 [PDF, 152KB]
- PERM Cycle 2 Review Contractor - Best Practice [PDF, 499KB]
- Page last Modified: 12/02/2013 12:06 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins