Use this report to view recent activity for Local Coverage documents. See what's new for Articles, Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs), and Proposed LCDs.
Learn more about the various document types found in the MCD
Getting to know the Report
This report contains the documents that were updated during the selected time period for the selected contract number(s). By default, updated documents are included for the current (i.e., latest) weekly period and for all contractors.
The columns in this report include:
- ID: The ID of the document.
- Title: The title of the document.
- Contractor: The Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) responsible for the document.
- Updated On: The date the document was updated on. If it is a new document then this date is the creation date. If it is an existing document then this date is the date the document was updated (i.e., revision date).
- Effective Date: If it is a new document then this is the effective date of the original version of the document. If it is an existing document then this is the effective date of the revised version.
- Retired Date: If the document has been retired then this will display the date that the document was retired.
Filtering Your Report
You can filter your report by using the two criteria in the upper left. Changing the filters will immediately update your report.
Data as of
Local Coverage documents in the MCD are updated weekly. Choose from any weekly period from the past year. Selecting a weekly period will limit your report to only the Local Coverage documents that were updated during that week. The dates shown in this filter represent the latest possible document date for that weekly period. By default, the report uses the current (i.e., latest) weekly period.
Choose from a list of MACs. Selecting a MAC will allow you to select one or more Contract Numbers associated with that MAC. Your report results will be limited to only the Local Coverage documents associated with the selected MAC and/or Contract Numbers. By default, all MACs are included in the report.
Sorting Your Report
You can sort your report by using the Sort By feature in the upper right. Changing the sort will immediately update your report.
You can open a document by selecting the link in the ID column.
Adding Documents to the Basket
You can add documents to the basket by selecting the basket icon associated with the document of interest. Adding documents to the basket will allow you to reference the documents at a later time. Selecting the basket icon in the table's header row will add all the documents in the table to the basket. However, this feature is disabled if there are more than 50 documents in the table.
To see the items in your basket, select the basket icon in the navbar.
Printing a Document to PDF
There are multiple ways to create a PDF of a document that you are currently viewing. You can use your browser's Print function (Ctrl-P on a PC or Command-P on a Mac) to view a print preview and then select PDF as the output. Another option is to use the Download button at the top right of the document view pages (for certain document types).
At the bottom of the report, you will find additional helpful features:
- Report Run Date: The date you ran the report
- Selected Criteria: This is the criteria used to run the report
- Submit Feedback/Ask a Question: Use this feature to contact CMS
- Download to Excel: Use this feature to download all of the report data to an Excel file