Use this report to view all Proposed Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs) listed alphabetically. Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) publish Proposed LCDs before an LCD becomes final. LCDs are decisions made by a MAC regarding what's reasonable and necessary and, therefore, covered by Medicare in the MAC jurisdiction.
Learn more about the various document types found in the MCD
Note that Proposed LCD document IDs begin with the letters "DL" (e.g., DL12345).
Getting to know the Report
This report contains a list of Proposed LCDs. By default, all Proposed LCDs are included.
The columns in this report include:
- ID: The ID of the Proposed LCD.
- Title: The title of the Proposed LCD.
- Contractor: The Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) responsible for the Proposed LCD.
- Status: The status of the Proposed LCD in the LCD Process.
- Comment Period: When the Proposed LCD is or was open for public comment (i.e., when the public can/could provide comments on the document).
- Notice Period: The period of time, which is a minimum 45 days, between when the Final LCD version has been published and when it goes into effect. Selecting the dates will bring the user to the version of Final LCD that was displayed during the Notice Period, even if there are now newer versions of the Final LCD.
- Final LCD ID: If the Proposed LCD is connected to a Final LCD, the ID of the Final LCD will be listed. Selecting the ID will bring the user to the latest version of the Final LCD. (The Final LCD may or may not have had subsequent versions created since the Proposed LCD process.)
Filtering Your Report
You can filter your report by using the criteria in the upper left. Changing the filter will immediately update your report.
Choose from a list of Proposed LCD statuses -- In Comment, Comments Ended, In Notice or Final Issued. By default, all statuses are included in the report.
Sorting Your Report
You can sort your report by using the Sort By feature in the upper right. Changing the sort will immediately update your report.
You can open a document by selecting the link in the ID column.
Adding Documents to the Basket
You can add documents to the basket by selecting the basket icon associated with the document of interest. Adding documents to the basket will allow you to reference the documents at a later time. Selecting the basket icon in the table's header row will add all the documents in the table to the basket. However, this feature is disabled if there are more than 50 documents in the table.
To see the items in your basket, select the basket icon in the navbar.
Printing a Document to PDF
There are multiple ways to create a PDF of a document that you are currently viewing. You can use your browser's Print function (Ctrl-P on a PC or Command-P on a Mac) to view a print preview and then select PDF as the output. Another option is to use the Download button at the top right of the document view pages (for certain document types).
At the bottom of the report, you will find additional helpful features:
- Report Run Date: The date you ran the report
- Selected Criteria: This is the criteria used to run the report
- Submit Feedback/Ask a Question: Use this feature to contact CMS
- Download to Excel: Use this feature to download all of the report data to an Excel file