1. Other carrier policies including those from Empire, HGSA and CIGNA.
2. Manufacturer's Literature. VNUS Medical Technologies, Inc.
3. Chandler JG, Pichot O, Sessa C, et al. Treatment of primary venous insufficiency by endovenous saphenous vein obliteration. Vasc Surg 2000; 34:201-14.
4. Goldman M. Closure of the greater saphenous vein with endoluminal radiofrequency thermal heating of the vein wall in combination with ambulatory phlebectomy: preliminary 6 month follow-up. Dermatol Surg 2000; 26:452-56.
5. Kabnick LS, Merchant RF. Twelve and twenty-four months follow-up after endovascular obliteration of saphenous vein reflux - A report from the multi-center registry. J Phlebology 2001; 1:17-24.
6. Merchant RF, DePalma RG, Kabnick LS. Endovascular obliteration of saphenous reflux: a multicenter study. J Vasc Surg 2002; 35(6): 1190-6.
7. Fassiadis N, Kianifard B, Holdstock JM, Whiteley MS. A novel approach to the treatment of recurrent varicose veins. Int Angiol, 2002 Sep; 21(3): 275-6. Abstract. PubMed.
8. Forrestal, MD, Min, RJ, et. al. Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT) for Varicose Veins-A review. Today's Therapeutic Trends, 299-310. Communications Media for Education, Inc., Princeton, New Jersey.
9. Winifred S. Hayes Technology Assessment - Endoluminal Radiofrequency Ablation for Varicose Veins of the Leg. Winifred S. Hayes, Inc. June 2002.
10. Lurie F, Creton D, Eklof B et al. Prospective randomized study of endovenous radiofrequency obliteration (closure procedure) versus ligation and stripping in a selected patient population. J Vasc Surg 2003; 38:207-14.
11. Min RJ, Khilnani N, Zimmet SE. Endovenous laser treatment of saphenous vein reflux. Long term results J Vasc Interv Radiol 2003;14:991-96.
12. Rautio T, Ohinmaa A, Perala J, Ohtonen P, Heikkinen T, Wiik H, Karjalainen P, Haukipuro K, Juvonen T. Endovenous versus conventional stripping operation in the treatment of primary varicose veins: a randomized controlled trial with comparison of the costs. J Vasc Surg 2002 May; 35(5): 958-965.
13. Sybrandy JE, Wittens, CH. Initial experiences in endovenous treatment of saphenous vein reflux. J Vasc Surg. 2002 Dec; 36(6): 1207-12. 10. Weiss, R. MD. Varicose Veins Treated with Radiofrequency Ablation Therapy. Emedicine. Accessed April 3, 2003.
14. Noridian Contractor Advisory Committee Members.
15. Todd K., Wright, DI, VANISH-2 Investigator Group. The VANISH-2 study: a randomized, blinded, multicenter study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of polidoncanol endovenous microfoam 035% and 1.0% compared with placebo for the treatment of saphenofemoral junction incompetence. Phlebology. Sage
16. Department of Varicose Vein Clinic, Charm Vein Center, Seoul, Republic of Korea; Initial Outcomes of Cyanoacrylate Closure, VenaSeal System, for the Treatment of the Incompetent Great and Small Saphenous Veins; Vascular Endovascular Surgery; 2017 Nov; 51(8):545-549.
17. Lake Washington Vascular Surgeons, Bellevue, WA, USA; Cyanoacrylate closure of incompetent great, small and accessory saphenous veins withought the use of post-procedure compression: Initial outcomes of a post-market evaluation of the VenaSeal System (The WAVES study); Vascular; 2017 Apr;25(2):149-156.
18. Bellam Premnath, KP., Joy, B.,Raghavendra, VA., Toms, A., Sleeba, T.; Cyanoacrylate adhesive embolization and sclerotherapy for primary varicose veins. Phlebology; 2017 Jan 1.
19. Prasad, Bp K., Joy,B., Toms, A., Sleeba, T.; Treatment of incompetent perforators in recurrent venous insufficiency with adhesive embolization and sclerotherapy. Phlebology; 2017 Jan 1.