Recertification & Password Process
Annual Recertification Process
CMS user IDs must be recertified electronically on an annual basis using CMS’ EUA system at https://eua.cms.gov. If you have difficulty with EUA or the CBT (including password issues), please contact the CMS IT Service Desk at 1-800-562-1963 or 410-786-2580 for assistance. If you do not complete the recertification in a timely manner, your CMS user ID will be revoked and you will have to re-apply as a new user.
Upon receipt of a recertification email notice from firstname.lastname@example.org, you must follow Steps 1 AND 2 to complete the process:
Step 1: System Access Review
- Log into the EUA System Access Certification page at https://eua.cms.gov/eurekify/portal/login using your HPMS credentials.
- If you find a certification item on your home screen, select the “Certify” button to proceed.
- Select the check box that appears next to your name. This action will automatically select the check boxes for all of your associated job codes.
- Select the “Keep” button in order to retain access to the selected job codes.
- On the summary page, select the “Submit” button to continue.
- On the confirmation pop-up window, select the “X” that appears in the upper right hand corner to complete the system access review step.
Step 2: Security Training
- Complete the CMS security computer-based training (CBT) at the following URL: /cbt/login/
- Once complete, print a copy of your certificate for your records.
For additional information, please refer to the “recertification & password process” download below.