Medicaid Table of Contents EP 2019 Objectives and Measures
MEDICAID PROMOTING INTEROPERABILITY PROGRAM ELIGIBLE PROFESSIONALS OBJECTIVES AND MEASURES FOR 2019
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Objective 1 - Protect Patient Health Information (PDF) - Protect electronic protected health information (ePHI) created or
maintained by the certified electronic health record technology
(CEHRT) through the implementation of appropriate technical,
administrative, and physical safeguards.
- Objective 2 - eRx (PDF) - Generate and transmit permissible prescriptions electronically.
- Objective 3 - Clinical Decision Support (PDF) - Implement clinical decision support (CDS) interventions focused on
improving performance on high-priority health conditions.
- Objective 4 - CPOE (PDF) - Use computerized provider order entry (CPOE) for medication,
laboratory, and diagnostic imaging orders directly entered by any
licensed healthcare professional, credentialed medical assistant, or
a medical staff member credentialed to and performing the
equivalent duties of a credentialed medical assistant, who can
enter orders into the medical record per state, local, and
- Objective 5 - Patient Electronic Access (PDF) - The eligible professional (EP) provides patients (or patient authorized
representative) with timely electronic access to their
health information and patient-specific education.
- Objective 6 - Coordination of Care (PDF) - Use CEHRT to engage with patients or their authorized
representatives about the patient’s care.
- Objective 7 - Health Information Exchange (PDF) - The EP provides a summary of care record when transitioning or
referring their patient to another setting of care, receives or
retrieves a summary of care record upon the receipt of a transition
or referral or upon the first patient encounter with a new patient,
and incorporates summary of care information from other
providers into their EHR using the functions of CEHRT.
- Objective 8 - Public Health Reporting (PDF) - The EP is in active engagement with a public health agency (PHA)
or clinical data registry (CDR) to submit electronic public health
data in a meaningful way using CEHRT, except where prohibited,
and in accordance with applicable law and practice.
Page Last Modified:
01/09/2020 05:03 PM