Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight
Randy Pate, Deputy Administrator and Director
Jeff Grant, Deputy Director for Operations
Jeff Wu, Deputy Director for Policy
Bobby Saxon, Center Chief Technology Officer
Office of Special Initiatives and Pricing
Brent Plemons, Director
Consumer Support Group
Leslie Wagstaffe, Deputy Director
Division of Assister Programs - Gian Johnson, Director; Vacant, Deputy Director
Division of Consumer Services - Patrick Edwards, Director; Vacant, Deputy Director
Division of Consumer Advocacy and Assister Support - Deborah Bryant, Director; Elissa Dines, Deputy Director
Samara Lorenz, Director
Kimberly Cones, Deputy Director
Market-wide Regulation Division - Lindsey Murtagh, Director
Compliance and Enforcement Division - Mary Nugent, Director; Vacant, Deputy Director
Medical Loss Ratio Division - Christina Whitefield, Director
Rates Review Division - Megan Mason, Director; Vacant, Deputy Director
Payment Policy and Financial Management Group
Elizabeth Parish, Director
Jaya Ghildiyal, Acting Deputy Director
Erin Sutton, Deputy Director
Division of Policy and Analysis - Jaya Ghildiyal, Director; Adrianne Patterson, Deputy Director
Division of Financial Transfers and Operations - Pamela Koenig, Director; David Loda, Deputy Director
Division of Risk Adjustment Operations - Kelly Drury, Director; Catherine Anderson, Deputy Director
Division of Reinsurance Operations - Milan Shah, Acting Director; Whilhelmina Tsang, Acting Deputy Director
Division of Enrollment Payment Data - Deondra Mosely, Director
Division of Program Management - Donald Cohn, Director
State Marketplace & Insurance Programs Group
Matthew Lynch, Director
Jennifer Stolbach, Deputy Director
Dawn Horner, Deputy Director
Division of State Technical Assistance - Jenny Chen, Director; Christy Woods, Deputy Director
Division of Program Coordination - Vacant, Director
Division of State Operations - Stacey Platte, Director; John Maynard, Deputy Director
Division of Consumer Operated and Oriented Plans - Michael Cleary, Director; Vacant, Deputy Director
Marketplace Eligibility and Enrollment Group
Beth Liu, Director
Joy Kraybill, Deputy Director
Division of Marketplace Eligibility Policy and Operations - Anna Lorsbach, Director; Sarah Boehm, Deputy Director
Division of Eligibility Verifications - Vacant, Director; Vacant, Deputy Director
Division of Enrollment Policy and Operations - Daniel J. Miller, Director; Patrick Flaherty, Deputy Director
Division of Eligibility Support - Bonnie Norton, Director; Darla Lipscomb, Deputy Director
Marketplace Plan Management Group
Lourdes Grindal-Miller, Director
Gina Zdanowicz, Deputy Director
Division of Issuer Management Operations - Erika Melman, Director
Division of Plan Analytics and Review - Ariel Novick, Director; Theresa Morgan, Deputy Director
Division of Issuer Compliance and Monitoring - Susan Kalmus, Director; Vacant, Deputy Director
Division of Small Business and Agent/Broker Innovation - Dean Mohs, Director; Amy Spiridon, Deputy Director
Division of Issuer and Plan Policy - Leigha Basini, Director
Marketplace IT Group
Marc Richardson, Director
Kathryn Wetherby, Deputy Director
Division of Marketplace IT Operations - Ronald Graham, Director; Ronell Goodman, Deputy Director
Division of Marketplace IT Development - Katrina Sizemore, Acting Director; Katrina Sizemore, Deputy Director
Division of State IT Support - Richardo Ott, Director; Carlos Alvarez, Deputy Director
Division of Marketplace PMO and Governance - Khalid Alvi, Director; Sheila Burke, Deputy Director
Division of Issuer Data Collection and Management - Brian James, Director
Business Operations Group
Ruairi Murray, Director; Donna Wenner, Deputy Director
Division of Budget, Acquisition, and Executive Support - Kathleen Tchoulakian, Director
Division of Human Capital and Workforce Planning - Joi Horn, Director
- Provides national leadership in setting and enforcing standards for health insurance that promote fair and reasonable practices to ensure affordable, quality health care coverage is available to all Americans.
- Provides consumers with comprehensive information on insurance coverage options currently available so they may make informed choices on the best health insurance for themselves and their families and issues consumer assistance grants to States.
- Implements, monitors compliance with, and enforces the new rules governing the insurance market such as the prohibition on rescissions and on pre-existing condition exclusions for children. Conducts external appeals for States that do not have that authority.
- Implements, monitors compliance with, and enforces the new rules regarding medical loss ratio standards and the insurance premium rate review process, and issues premium rate review grants to States.
- Administers the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan program and associated grant funding to States, the Early Retiree Reinsurance Program, and the Consumer Operated and Oriented Plan program.
- Collects, compiles and maintains comparative pricing data for an internet portal providing information on insurance options, and provides assistance to enable consumers to obtain maximum benefit from the new health insurance system.
- Collects, compiles and maintains comparative pricing data for the Department's web site, provides assistance to enable consumers to understand the new health insurance laws and regulations, and establishes and issues consumer assistance grants to States.
- Develops and implements policies and rules governing State-based Exchanges, establishes and issues Exchange Planning and Establishment to States, oversees the operations of State-based Exchanges, and administers Exchange in States that elect not to establish their own.
- Oversees and directs the development and operations of the back end and systems functions for healthcare.gov in support of the Federally Facilitated Marketplace, Distributed Hub Services and Multidimensional Insurance Data Analytics Systems.