Content Requirements for Plan Finder
HealthCare.gov is the first central database of health coverage options, combining information about public programs with information on more than 8,000 private insurance products. Consumers can review options specific to their personal situation and local community. The website connects consumers to quality rankings for local health care providers as well as preventive services. In addition, it explains the provisions of the Affordable Care Act.
Health Care Reform Insurance Web Portal Requirements
The Affordable Care Act requires the establishment of a website through which individuals and small businesses can obtain information about the insurance coverage options that may be available to them in their state. This interim final rule specifies the categories of information that will be collected and displayed via the website, and the data required from issuers and requested from states, associations, and high-risk pools in order to create this content.
- March 5, 2020 Information Related to COVID–19 Individual and Small Group Market Insurance Coverage
- March 12, 2020 FAQs on Essential Health Benefits Coverage and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 18, 2020 FAQs on Catastrophic Plan Coverage and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Availability and Usage of Telehealth Services through Private Health Insurance Coverage in Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 Payment and Grace Period Flexibilities Associated with the COVID-19 National Emergency
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Prescription Drugs and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for Issuers Offering Health Insurance Coverage in the Individual and Small Group Markets
- April 11, 2020 FAQs about Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Implementation
*This document was updated on April 15, 2020, to correct an error in footnote 10 regarding the current end date of the public health emergency related to COVID 19.
- April 13, 2020 Postponement of 2019 Benefit Year HHS-operated Risk Adjustment Data Validation (HHS-RADV)