The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
New Hampshire State Flexibility to Stabilize the Market Grant Award
Grant Application Summary
New Hampshire Grantee: State of New Hampshire Insurance Department
Award Date: August 20, 2018
Total Award: $280,076.12
Baseline Award: $274,344.83
Workload Award: $5,731.29
Section 2702 - In addition to ensuring health insurance issuers are offering approved products for purchase, the New Hampshire Insurance Department will hire an actuarial firm to perform a market scan of New Hampshire’s health insurance market to gain a deeper understanding of the impact of enrollment from rate changes and the changes in the individual mandate. The market scan will also research whether the risk pool of the individual market is changing the insured market as a result of proposed federal regulations. New Hampshire will also explore policy options that could mitigate any adverse effects to New Hampshire’s insured markets.
Section 2707 - The New Hampshire Insurance Department will hire a clinician to review formularies for all Affordable Care Act (ACA)-compliant insurance plans. New Hampshire will develop standard operating procedures and tools to aid department staff in the review of formularies for compliance with the State’s Essential Health Benefits (EHB) benchmark plan.
- March 5, 2020 Information Related to COVID–19 Individual and Small Group Market Insurance Coverage
- March 12, 2020 FAQs on Essential Health Benefits Coverage and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 18, 2020 FAQs on Catastrophic Plan Coverage and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Availability and Usage of Telehealth Services through Private Health Insurance Coverage in Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 Payment and Grace Period Flexibilities Associated with the COVID-19 National Emergency
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Prescription Drugs and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for Issuers Offering Health Insurance Coverage in the Individual and Small Group Markets
- April 11, 2020 FAQs about Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Implementation
*This document was updated on April 15, 2020, to correct an error in footnote 10 regarding the current end date of the public health emergency related to COVID 19.
- April 13, 2020 Postponement of 2019 Benefit Year HHS-operated Risk Adjustment Data Validation (HHS-RADV)