Arizona Affordable Insurance Exchange Grants Awards List
Arizona has received two grant awards to build its Affordable Insurance Exchange. This includes a Planning Grant and a Level One Establishment Grant.
Summaries of Arizona’s applications for each grant are provided below:
Establishment Grant Level One Application Summary
Administrator: Governor’s Office of Economic Recovery
Award Amount: $29,877,427
Award Date: November 29, 2011
Application Due Date: September 30, 2011
Level of Funding: Level One
Summary: Arizona is focused on meeting the requirements for Exchange certification in 2013 and ensuring the Arizona Health Insurance Exchange is operational by January 1, 2014. With its Exchange Planning grant, Arizona has made progress in its Exchange planning with particular focus on background research, IT infrastructure and the certification of qualified health plans. Arizona will use Level One Establishment grant funding to secure the IT infrastructure necessary for a user-friendly website that is fully integrated with Arizona’s existing Medicaid web -based eligibility and enrollment system. Arizona will also finalize the plan management functions (including certification, recertification and decertification of health plans) to ensure that there are qualified plans available for individuals and small employers to select. Additionally, the Level One Establishment grant will enable Arizona to develop and implement plans for public education and outreach and determine how best to incorporate a Navigator program.
State Planning Grant
Awarded September 30, 2010
Administrator: Office of the Governor, Arizona Office of Economic Recovery
Amount Awarded: $999,670
- Develop a comprehensive plan for Exchange implementation that ensures a strong competitive marketplace, improves quality and continuity of care so that consumers can seamlessly move from one product to another and ensures that any implementing entity has sufficient flexibility to meet challenging timeframes while maintaining accountability.
- Contract with the Medicaid Division, the Department of Insurance, and the Arizona State University Department of Biomedical Informatics to help plan for an Exchange.
- Convene stakeholders to gather input and leverage existing resources.
- March 5, 2020 Information Related to COVID–19 Individual and Small Group Market Insurance Coverage
- March 12, 2020 FAQs on Essential Health Benefits Coverage and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 18, 2020 FAQs on Catastrophic Plan Coverage and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Availability and Usage of Telehealth Services through Private Health Insurance Coverage in Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 Payment and Grace Period Flexibilities Associated with the COVID-19 National Emergency
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Prescription Drugs and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for Issuers Offering Health Insurance Coverage in the Individual and Small Group Markets
- April 11, 2020 FAQs about Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Implementation
*This document was updated on April 15, 2020, to correct an error in footnote 10 regarding the current end date of the public health emergency related to COVID 19.
- April 13, 2020 Postponement of 2019 Benefit Year HHS-operated Risk Adjustment Data Validation (HHS-RADV)