The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
Idaho Health Insurance Marketplace Grants Awards List
Idaho has received multiple grant awards to build its Health Insurance Marketplace. This includes a Planning Grant and Level One Establishment Grants.
Summaries of Idaho’s applications for each grant are provided below:
Establishment Grant Level One Application Summary
Grantee of Record: Idaho Health Insurance Exchange, dba Your Health Idaho (YHI)
Amount Awarded: $35,896,938
Award Date: December 22, 2014
Application Due Date: November 14, 2014
Level of Funding: Level Two
Idaho received funding to complete necessary enhancements including building and enhancing Idaho's Marketplace systems that include the Department of Health & Welfare (DHW) eligibility rules engine, and further work with its Independent Verification & Validation Services (IV&V).
Administrator: Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
Award Amount: $20,376,556; $48,019,031
Award Date: November 29, 2011; October 23, 2013
Application Due Date: September 30, 2011; August 15, 2013
Level of Funding: Level One
Summary: Idaho will use Level One funds to complete necessary planning, research, design, development and implementation of its Exchange. The funding will assist the State in developing policy goals for the Idaho Health Insurance Exchange consistent with State and Federal law; securing staff, consultants and expert resources; actively engaging stakeholders to inform and support Exchange planning; and engage in related activities around Exchange design, development and implementation.
Idaho’s second Level One Establishment grant will support the establishment of an Idaho Health Insurance Marketplace, “Your Health Idaho.” The major objectives of this cooperative agreement are:
- Supporting Consumer Assistance and Outreach & Education
- Integrating with key state agencies, including the Department of Health and Welfare and the Department of Insurance
- Procuring a vendor to build the Marketplace’s information technology systems
- Securing contracts with vendors to help oversee the information technology build, including a project management office and Independent Verification and Validation Services
- Providing funds for grantee staffing that support the establishment of the Idaho Marketplace.
State Planning Grant
Awarded September 30, 2010
Administrator: Idaho Department of Insurance
Amount Awarded: $1,000,000
- Conduct background research to establish scope and citizen impact.
- Engage stakeholders and create strategies for continued engagement.
- Evaluate existing government and non-government structures for opportunities to integrate these structures to support an Exchange.
- Assess current and future resource needs and capabilities.
- Create recommendations for governance structures.
- Analyze accounting systems and methods to build on those systems.
- Analyze existing technology, capacity and needed expansion.
- Identify changes needed to existing technology and programs to accommodate the implementation of State Exchange.
- Develop methods and resources needed to manage business operations for an Exchange.
- Identify needed enabling State legislation and regulations.
- November 5, 2019 FAQ: Quality Rating Information Bulletin’s (Quality Bulletin’s) Display Guidelines for Direct Enrollment (DE) Entities
- November 1, 2019 Enhanced Direct Enrollment Approved Partners (Updated)
- September 11, 2019 FAQ: Enhanced Direct Enrollment Participation Requirements for Non-Issuer of a Primary EDE Entity Environment
- August 15, 2019 Quality Rating Information Bulletin for Plan Year 2020 Health Insurance Exchanges Quality Rating System (QRS) for Plan Year (PY) 2019: Results at a Glance
- April 18, 2019 CMS-9926-F: Final HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2020 Final 2020 Letter to Issuers on Federally-facilitated Exchanges Key Dates for Calendar Year 2019: QHP Certification in the FFEs; Rate Review; Risk Adjustment
- April 4, 2019 Guidance on Unified Rate Review Timeline: Timing of Submission of Rate Filing Justifications for the 2019 Filing Year for Single Risk Pool Coverage Effective on or after January 1, 2020
- March 19, 2019 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator Methodology
- March 6, 2019 CMS-9921-NC: Request for Information Regarding the Sale of Individual Health Insurance Coverage Across State Lines Through Health Care Choice Compacts
- February 28, 2019 Section 1332 Pass-through Funding Tools and Resources