Idaho Health Insurance Marketplace Grants Awards List
Idaho has received multiple grant awards to build its Health Insurance Marketplace. This includes a Planning Grant and Level One Establishment Grants.
Summaries of Idaho’s applications for each grant are provided below:
Establishment Grant Level One Application Summary
Grantee of Record: Idaho Health Insurance Exchange, dba Your Health Idaho (YHI)
Amount Awarded: $35,896,938
Award Date: December 22, 2014
Application Due Date: November 14, 2014
Level of Funding: Level Two
Idaho received funding to complete necessary enhancements including building and enhancing Idaho's Marketplace systems that include the Department of Health & Welfare (DHW) eligibility rules engine, and further work with its Independent Verification & Validation Services (IV&V).
Administrator: Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
Award Amount: $20,376,556; $48,019,031
Award Date: November 29, 2011; October 23, 2013
Application Due Date: September 30, 2011; August 15, 2013
Level of Funding: Level One
Summary: Idaho will use Level One funds to complete necessary planning, research, design, development and implementation of its Exchange. The funding will assist the State in developing policy goals for the Idaho Health Insurance Exchange consistent with State and Federal law; securing staff, consultants and expert resources; actively engaging stakeholders to inform and support Exchange planning; and engage in related activities around Exchange design, development and implementation.
Idaho’s second Level One Establishment grant will support the establishment of an Idaho Health Insurance Marketplace, “Your Health Idaho.” The major objectives of this cooperative agreement are:
- Supporting Consumer Assistance and Outreach & Education
- Integrating with key state agencies, including the Department of Health and Welfare and the Department of Insurance
- Procuring a vendor to build the Marketplace’s information technology systems
- Securing contracts with vendors to help oversee the information technology build, including a project management office and Independent Verification and Validation Services
- Providing funds for grantee staffing that support the establishment of the Idaho Marketplace.
State Planning Grant
Awarded September 30, 2010
Administrator: Idaho Department of Insurance
Amount Awarded: $1,000,000
- Conduct background research to establish scope and citizen impact.
- Engage stakeholders and create strategies for continued engagement.
- Evaluate existing government and non-government structures for opportunities to integrate these structures to support an Exchange.
- Assess current and future resource needs and capabilities.
- Create recommendations for governance structures.
- Analyze accounting systems and methods to build on those systems.
- Analyze existing technology, capacity and needed expansion.
- Identify changes needed to existing technology and programs to accommodate the implementation of State Exchange.
- Develop methods and resources needed to manage business operations for an Exchange.
- Identify needed enabling State legislation and regulations.
- March 5, 2020 Information Related to COVID–19 Individual and Small Group Market Insurance Coverage
- March 12, 2020 FAQs on Essential Health Benefits Coverage and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 18, 2020 FAQs on Catastrophic Plan Coverage and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Availability and Usage of Telehealth Services through Private Health Insurance Coverage in Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 Payment and Grace Period Flexibilities Associated with the COVID-19 National Emergency
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Prescription Drugs and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for Issuers Offering Health Insurance Coverage in the Individual and Small Group Markets
- April 11, 2020 FAQs about Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Implementation
*This document was updated on April 15, 2020, to correct an error in footnote 10 regarding the current end date of the public health emergency related to COVID 19.
- April 13, 2020 Postponement of 2019 Benefit Year HHS-operated Risk Adjustment Data Validation (HHS-RADV)