The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
Indiana Affordable Insurance Exchange Grants Awards List
Indiana has received two grant awards to build its Affordable Insurance Exchange. This includes a Planning Grant and a Level One Establishment Grant.
Summaries of Indiana’s applications for each grant are provided below:
Establishment Grant Level One Application Summary
Administrator: Indiana Family and Social Services Administration
Award Amount: $6,895,126
Award Date: May 23, 2011
Application Due Date: March 30, 2011
Level of Funding: Level One
Summary: Indiana will use resources from the Affordable Care Act to strengthen the health information technology systems that will be integral to its Exchange. Additional funding will support project management, legal, actuarial, and financial expertise and general policy support.
State Planning Grant
Awarded September 30, 2010
Administrator: Governor’s Office of Planning and Budget
Amount Awarded: $1,000,000
- Analyze national data sets including the Current Population Survey, the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, and the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey. This data will allow the State to construct a picture of the uninsured, project take-up rates for Exchange participants and to estimate the number of participants in grandfathered plans.
- Develop a governance plan for a possible Exchange and reach a conclusion on the governance for a potential Exchange.
- Gain stakeholder input through online surveys and forums.
- November 5, 2019 FAQ: Quality Rating Information Bulletin’s (Quality Bulletin’s) Display Guidelines for Direct Enrollment (DE) Entities
- November 1, 2019 Enhanced Direct Enrollment Approved Partners (Updated)
- September 11, 2019 FAQ: Enhanced Direct Enrollment Participation Requirements for Non-Issuer of a Primary EDE Entity Environment
- August 15, 2019 Quality Rating Information Bulletin for Plan Year 2020 Health Insurance Exchanges Quality Rating System (QRS) for Plan Year (PY) 2019: Results at a Glance
- April 18, 2019 CMS-9926-F: Final HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2020 Final 2020 Letter to Issuers on Federally-facilitated Exchanges Key Dates for Calendar Year 2019: QHP Certification in the FFEs; Rate Review; Risk Adjustment
- April 4, 2019 Guidance on Unified Rate Review Timeline: Timing of Submission of Rate Filing Justifications for the 2019 Filing Year for Single Risk Pool Coverage Effective on or after January 1, 2020
- March 19, 2019 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator Methodology
- March 6, 2019 CMS-9921-NC: Request for Information Regarding the Sale of Individual Health Insurance Coverage Across State Lines Through Health Care Choice Compacts
- February 28, 2019 Section 1332 Pass-through Funding Tools and Resources