Kansas Affordable Insurance Exchange Grants Awards List
Kansas has received a Planning Grant to build its Affordable Insurance Exchange.
A summary of Kansas’ application is provided below:
State Planning Grant
Awarded September 30, 2010
Administrator: Kansas Insurance Department
Amount Awarded: $1,000,000
- Assess the health benefits Exchange function, its market potential and identified gaps that could impede viability.
- Initiate an inclusive statewide planning and communications function to foster input and participation.
- Appoint an advisory panel and work groups to coordinate efforts and identify options.
- Design an Exchange model with business rules and a supporting actuarial basis for a viable set of plans and benefits.
- Begin drafting an Exchange charter, governing structure, by-laws, and set of accountabilities.
- Address all major financial factors and cost drivers impacting the viability of an Exchange.
- Discuss infrastructure elements of the Exchange including information technology.
Back to Map