The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
North Dakota Rate Review Grants Award List
Cycle I Grant Application Summary
North Dakota Grantee: North Dakota Insurance Department
Award Date: August 16, 2010
Award Amount: $1,000,000
- Improve the Review Process: North Dakota currently requires prior approval of health insurance premium increases in both individual and small group markets. The State intends to make improvements by providing improved analytical tools for review, and developing a multi-layer team approach for reviewing premiums.
- Increase Transparency and Accessibility: North Dakota does not actively disclose health insurance premium filings, but they are available upon request. In addition, health insurance premium requests and approvals for the health insurance company with the largest market share in the State are available on the State website. Improvements are planned to provide more non-confidential consumer friendly information.
- Develop and Upgrade Technology: North Dakota will improve its analysis tools for evaluating trends and assumptions.
- November 5, 2019 FAQ: Quality Rating Information Bulletin’s (Quality Bulletin’s) Display Guidelines for Direct Enrollment (DE) Entities
- November 1, 2019 Enhanced Direct Enrollment Approved Partners (Updated)
- September 11, 2019 FAQ: Enhanced Direct Enrollment Participation Requirements for Non-Issuer of a Primary EDE Entity Environment
- August 15, 2019 Quality Rating Information Bulletin for Plan Year 2020 Health Insurance Exchanges Quality Rating System (QRS) for Plan Year (PY) 2019: Results at a Glance
- April 18, 2019 CMS-9926-F: Final HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2020 Final 2020 Letter to Issuers on Federally-facilitated Exchanges Key Dates for Calendar Year 2019: QHP Certification in the FFEs; Rate Review; Risk Adjustment
- April 4, 2019 Guidance on Unified Rate Review Timeline: Timing of Submission of Rate Filing Justifications for the 2019 Filing Year for Single Risk Pool Coverage Effective on or after January 1, 2020
- March 19, 2019 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator Methodology
- March 6, 2019 CMS-9921-NC: Request for Information Regarding the Sale of Individual Health Insurance Coverage Across State Lines Through Health Care Choice Compacts
- February 28, 2019 Section 1332 Pass-through Funding Tools and Resources