Medicare Marketing Guidelines
The Marketing guidelines reflect CMS' interpretation of the marketing requirements and related provisions of the Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit rules (Chapter 42 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 422 and 423).
The Guidelines are for use by Medicare Advantage Plans (MAs), Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plans (MA-PDs), Prescription Drug Plans (PDPs) and 1876 Cost Plans. The guidelines allow organizations offering both Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plans the ability to reference one document when developing marketing materials.
- CY2019 Medicare Communications and Marketing Guidelines [PDF, 630KB]
- CY2019 Summary of Benefits Sample [PDF, 620KB]
- CY2018MedicareMarketingGuidelines_Final072017 [PDF, 919KB]
- CY 2018 Summary of Benefits_Sample [PDF, 619KB]
- 2017 Medicare Marketing Guidelines [PDF, 731KB]
- CY 2016 Medicare Marketing Guidelines [PDF, 748KB]
- Medicare Marketing Guidelines 06.17.14 Updated with Issue Date [ZIP, 817KB]
- Medicare Marketing Guidelines 06.28.13 [ZIP, 798KB]
- Page last Modified: 07/20/2018 3:22 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins