Who are the MACs: A/B MAC Jurisdiction 8 (J8)
- Contract Award Information
- Contract Implementation Status and Schedule
- A/B MAC Jurisdiction 8 - Part A and Part B Facts
- Who were the former contractors in this jurisdiction?
- Solicitation on FedBizOpps (FBO): RFP-500-2017-0016, posted September 15, 2017
- Award Announcement: A/B MAC Jurisdiction 8 award on FBO, November 1, 2018
- Contract Awardee: Wisconsin Physicians Service Government Health Administrators, contract number 75FCMC19C0002
- A/B MAC Jurisdiction 8 Award Fact Sheet (November 2018)
- Anticipated Contract End Date: TBD
- Implementation: In progress
- States impacted: Indiana and Michigan
- Outgoing contractor: Wisconsin Physicians Service Insurance Corporation
- Incoming contractor: Wisconsin Physicians Service Government Health Administrators
* As Wisconsin Physicians Service Government Health Administrators is the incumbent contractor for this A/B MAC jurisdiction, CMS anticipates that implementation of the new contract will go smoothly, with few, if any, service issues for Medicare beneficiaries and providers.
- J8 processes FFS Medicare Part A and Part B claims for Indiana and Michigan
- Total Number of Fee-for-Service Beneficiaries: 2,113,496 (as of 09/30/2017)
- Total Number of Physicians: 48,759 (as of 09/30/2017)
- Total Number of Medicare Hospitals: 293 (as of 09/30/2017)
- Total Annual Claims Volume: 5.6% of national Part A/Part B workload
Learn about the former contractors in this jurisdiction at Archives: A/B MAC Jurisdiction 8.
- Page last Modified: 11/01/2018 3:24 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins