Who are the MACs: A/B MAC Jurisdiction L (JL)
- Contract Award Information
- Contract Implementation Status and Schedule
- A/B MAC Jurisdiction L - Part A and Part B Facts
- Who were the former contractors in this jurisdiction?
- Solicitation on beta.SAM.gov (SAM): RFP-CMS-2012-0003, posted January 5, 2012
- Award Announcement: A/B MAC Jurisdiction L award on SAM, September 17, 2012
- Contract Awardee: Novitas Solutions, Inc., contract number HHSM-500-2012-M0010Z
- A/B MAC Jurisdiction L Award Fact Sheet (PDF) (September 2012)
- Anticipated Contract End Date: July 2021
- Fully implemented
- JL processes FFS Medicare Part A and Part B claims for Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- Total Number of Fee-for-Service Beneficiaries: 3,802,828 (as of 9/30/2020)
- Total Number of Physicians: 108,865 (as of 9/30/2020)
- Total Number of Medicare Hospitals: 506 (as of 9/30/2020)
- Total Annual Claims Volume: 11.0% of national Part A/Part B workload (as of 9/30/2020)
Note: For Part B services, A/B MAC Jurisdiction L includes the Counties of Arlington and Fairfax (including the Cities of Fairfax and Falls Church) in Virginia, along with the City of Alexandria in Virginia.
Learn about the former contractors in this jurisdiction at Archives: A/B MAC Jurisdiction L.