- Contract Award Information
- Contract Implementation Status and Schedule
- A/B MAC Jurisdiction L - Part A and Part B Facts
- Who were the former contractors in this jurisdiction?
- Solicitation on SAM.gov (SAM): 75FCMC20R0008, posted August 3, 2020
- Award Announcement: A/B MAC Jurisdiction L award on SAM, July 27, 2021
- Contract Awardee: Novitas Solutions, Inc., contract number 75FCMC21C0019
- A/B MAC Jurisdiction L Award Fact Sheet (PDF) (July 2021)
- Anticipated Contract End Date: July 2028
- Implementation: In progress
- States and Territories Impacted: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- Outgoing Contractor: Novitas Solutions, Inc.
- Incoming Contractor: Novitas Solutions, Inc.
* As Novitas Solutions, Inc. is the incumbent contractor for this A/B MAC jurisdiction, CMS anticipates that implementation of the new contract will go smoothly, with few (if any) disruptions in service for Medicare beneficiaries and providers.
- JL processes FFS Medicare Part A and Part B claims for Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- Total Number of Fee-for-Service Beneficiaries: 3,690,379 (as of 9/30/2021)
- Total Number of Physicians: 113,614 (as of 9/30/2021)
- Total Number of Medicare Hospitals: 505 (as of 9/30/2021)
- Total Annual Claims Volume: 11.3% of national Part A/Part B workload (as of 9/30/2021)
Note: For Part B services, A/B MAC Jurisdiction L includes the Counties of Arlington and Fairfax (including the Cities of Fairfax and Falls Church) in Virginia, along with the City of Alexandria in Virginia.
Learn about the former contractors in this jurisdiction at Archives: A/B MAC Jurisdiction L.