- Regulation No.
- Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment- Notice of Final Rulemaking (NFRM) with Comment Period
Medicare Program: Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment and Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment Systems and Quality Reporting Programs
This final rule with comment period revises the Medicare hospital outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS) and the Medicare ambulatory surgical center (ASC) payment system for CY 2018 to implement changes arising from our continuing experience with these systems and certain provisions under the 21st Century Cures Act (Pub. L. 114-255). In this final rule with comment period, we describe the changes to the amounts and factors used to determine the payment rates for Medicare services paid under the OPPS and those paid under the ASC payment system. In addition, this final rule with comment period updates and refines the requirements for the Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting (OQR) Program and the ASC Quality Reporting (ASCQR) Program.
The final rule with comment period (CMS-1678-FC) is available in the "Related Links" section below. The supporting files are located in the "Downloads" section below:
- ASC Addenda Table of Contents [PDF, 15KB]
- Addendum A [ZIP, 79KB]
- Addendum O [ZIP, 33KB]
- 2018 NFRM OPPS Relative Weights without C-APC Methodology for ASC Ratesetting [ZIP, 227KB]
- FY 2018 Pre-reclass Wage Index for Use in Calculating Payments Effective for Services Furnished Beginning January 1, 2018 Under the Revised ASC Payment System [ZIP, 32KB]
- ASC Supplier Specific File [ZIP, 975KB]
Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins