Fee Schedules - General Information
A fee schedule is a complete listing of fees used by Medicare to pay doctors or other providers/suppliers. This comprehensive listing of fee maximums is used to reimburse a physician and/or other providers on a fee-for-service basis. CMS develops fee schedules for physicians, ambulance services, clinical laboratory services, and durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics, and supplies. See Related Links below for information about each specific fee schedule.
ZIPCODE TO CARRIER LOCALITY FILE (see files below)
This file is primarily intended to map Zip Codes to CMS carriers/Medicare Administrative Contractors and localities. This file will also map Zip Codes to their State. In addition, this file contains an urban, rural or a low density (qualified) area Zip Code indicator.
For a one-stop resource web page focused on the informational needs and interests of Medicare Fee-for-Service (FFS) providers, including physicians, other practitioners and suppliers, go to the Provider Center (see under "Related Links" below).
- Zip Code to Carrier Locality File - Revised 5/15/2018 [ZIP, 4MB]
- Zip Codes requiring +4 extension - Revised 5/15/2018 [ZIP, 1KB]
- Changes to Zip Code File - Revised 11/15/2017 [ZIP, 443B]
- 2017 End of Year Zip Code File - Updated 11/15/2017 [ZIP, 4MB]
- 2016 End of Year Zip Code File [ZIP, 4MB]
- 2015 End of Year Zip Code File [ZIP, 4MB]
- 2014 End of Year Zip Code File [ZIP, 4MB]
- Page last Modified: 02/21/2018 4:03 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins