CMS Accessibility & Nondiscrimination for Individuals with Disabilities Notice
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) doesn’t exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, sex, or age in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs and activities, whether carried out by CMS directly or through a contractor or any other entity with which CMS arranges to carry out its programs and activities.
CMS accessible communications
CMS provides free auxiliary aids and services including information in accessible formats like Braille, large print, data/audio files, relay services and TTY communications.
To request Medicare or Marketplace information in an accessible format you can:
- Call us:
- For Medicare: 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY: 1-877-486-2048
- For the Health Insurance Marketplace: (1-800-318-2596). TTY: 1-855-889-4325
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us a fax: 1-844-530-3676
- Send us a letter:
Your request should include your name, phone number, type of information you need (if known) and the mailing address where we should send the materials. We may contact you for additional information.
Note: If you’re enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan or Prescription Drug Plan, contact your plan to request their information in an accessible format. For Medicaid, contact your State or local Medicaid office.
How to file a complaint:
You can contact CMS in any of the ways included in this notice if you have any concerns about getting information in a format that you can use.
You may also file a complaint if you think you’ve been subjected to discrimination in a CMS program or activity. There are three ways to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights:
- Online (the link will take you directly to: https://www.hhs.gov/civil-rights/filing-a-complaint/complaint-process/index.html)
- By phone: Call 1-800-368-1019. TTY users can call 1-800-537-7697.
- In writing: Send information about your complaint to:
CMS accessibility & compliance with section 508
CMS is committed to making its electronic and information technologies accessible to people with disabilities. If you can’t access content or use features on this website due to a disability, contact our Section 508 Team at 508Feedback@cms.hhs.gov. To help us better serve you, upload the material in question and/or include the URL if possible and let us know the specific problems you’re having.
- Page last Modified: 12/28/2018 3:51 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins