Archived Materials: Part D Senior Savings Model
**Disclaimer**: The materials on this page likely contain out-of-date information and are made available as a service to those who are looking for more background on this initiative.
CY 2022 Model Participation
CY 2022 Materials
- CY 2022 Part D Senior Savings Model Contract Addendum – Part D Sponsors (PDF)
- CY 2022 Communications and Marketing Guidance – Part D Sponsors (PDF)
CY 2021 Model Participation
CY 2021 Participating Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
On March 23, 2020, CMS announced broad pharmaceutical manufacturer participation for the insulins to be offered in CY 2021. The following pharmaceutical manufacturers are participating in the Part D Senior Savings Model for CY 2021:
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Novo Nordisk, Inc. and Novo Nordisk Pharma, Inc.
- Sanofi-Aventis U.S. LLC
Please see the list of Model drugs (PDF) for CY 2021 below for more information.
CY 2021 Participating Part D Plan Sponsors
Part D sponsors had the opportunity to apply for CY 2021 participation by May 1, 2020. CMS received significant interest in the Model from Part D sponsors, and has robust participation in the Model for CY 2021. Across the nation, 1,635 prescription drug plans, including both Medicare Advantage, Prescription Drug plans (MA-PDs) and standalone Prescription Drug plans (PDPs), are participating in the Part D Senior Savings Model for CY 2021. Seventy-six (76) Part D sponsors are participating in the Model for CY 2021, covering more than 13.8 million total enrollees. CMS estimates that the Model’s supplemental benefits will be directly available to more than 650,000 enrollees who use insulin and are enrolled in a participating plan for CY 2021. Seniors who use insulin in all 50 states, D.C., and Puerto Rico have a choice of a Part D Senior Savings Model participating plan in their area in CY 2021.
Beneficiaries were able to find prescription drug plans for the 2021 plan year, including plans participating in the Part D Senior Savings Model, through the Medicare Plan Finder on Medicare.gov during the annual open enrollment period. CMS posted a list of Part D Senior Savings Plan Model Participants at a state level (see “2021 Part D Senior Savings Model Landscape File” file below).
The following materials are applicable for CMS-approved Part D Sponsors participating in the Part D Senior Savings Model for CY 2021.
- CY 2021 Part D Senior Savings Model Contract Addendum – Part D Sponsors
- CY 2021 Communications and Marketing Guidance – Part D Sponsors
CY 2021 Materials
- Fact Sheet - CY 2021 (PDF)
- Part D Sponsor Application - CY 2021 Application Parent Organization (XLS)
- Part D Sponsor Application - CY 2021 Application Parent Organization Pricing Supplemental (XLS)
- 2021 Manufacturer Request for Applications (PDF)
- 2021 Manufacturer Addendum (03/19/2020) (PDF)
- 2021 Model Drug List Appendix (XLS)
- 2021 National Drug Code (NDC) List (PDF)
- 2021 Plan Request for Applications (PDF)