Actual regulation market basket change and Medicare payment updates as published in the "Federal Register"
Current history and forecasts of the market baskets
(Note: All data and Web pages are accessible for download – see the links in the Downloads section below.)
Latest update: reflects the 2022Q4 forecast with historical data through 2022Q3.
- Quarterly index levels and 4-quarter moving average percent changes for the following:
- Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) Hospital Market Basket (base year 2018) – updates inpatient hospital operating, outpatient PPS payments, hospice PPS payments; updates cost limits for children's hospitals, cancer hospitals, religious non-medical health care institutions, and short-term acute care hospitals located in U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and American Samoa. Effective for CY 2019 to CY 2023, updates Ambulatory Surgical Center PPS payments.
- Hospital Capital Market Basket (base year 2018) – updates inpatient hospital capital PPS payments
- Skilled Nursing Facility Market Basket (base year 2018) – updates skilled nursing facility PPS payments
- Home Health Agency Market Basket (base year 2016) – updates home health agency PPS payments
- Long-Term Care Hospital Market Basket (base year 2017) - updates long-term care facilities PPS payments
- End-Stage Renal Disease Market Basket (base year 2020) - updates end-stage renal disease facilities PPS payments
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Market Basket (base year 2016) - updates inpatient rehab facilities PPS payments
- Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Market Basket (base year 2016) - updates inpatient psych facilities PPS payments
- Federally Qualified Health Center Market Basket (base year 2017) – updates federally qualified health center PPS payments
- Medicare Economic Index (base year 2017)
For further information regarding the Market Baskets, please contact DNHS@cms.hhs.gov.