The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight

Northern Mariana Islands Health Insurance Consumer Help

Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands no longer operates a Consumer Assistance Program under the Affordable Care Act. The consumer protections and benefits of the Affordable Care Act still apply to you, however.

The agencies listed below can help you take advantage of some of these new protections and benefits and they can answer your questions about different types of coverage.

If you need health insurance, be sure to check out’s Plan Finder. It will help you find and compare health care coverage options in your area.

If you have questions about insurance you bought for yourself and/or your family or you have insurance provided by an employer who does business only in the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, contact:

Physical Address:
Caller Box 10007 CK
2nd Floor
Saipan, MP 96950
(670) 664-3005

Consumers with disabilities who require additional assistance or special accommodations may call ahead at (670) 664-3005.

Mailing Address:

Box 5764 CHRB
Saipan, MP 96950
(670) 664-3005

If you have a hard time affording health coverage and you have questions about eligibility for Medicaid or about current Medicaid benefits, go to:

Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands Department of Public Health, Community Guidance Center

Gloria Drive Navy Hill Road
Saipan, MP96950
Caller Box 10007 CK
2nd Floor
Saipan, MP 96950
(670) 664-3005

You may apply in person at the County Offices of the Department of Health and Human Services, federally qualified rural health centers, and at most hospitals. If you need help, please call (877) 423-4746.

If you are not eligible for Medicaid, your child may still be eligible for the Children’s Health Insurance Program. For questions about eligibility or benefits, go to:

 Commonwealth Northern Mariana Insurance State Medicaid Agency

 (670) 664-3077 or 664-3064.

If you have a question, complaint, or dispute regarding insurance you get through a “self-insured” employer (typically a large company or one with locations in multiple states or countries), go to:

U.S. Department of Labor

Employee Benefits Security Administration
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210
(866) 4-USA-DOL ((866) 487-2365)

If you are on Medicare and have a question, or if you have a disability or end stage renal disease and want to enroll or find out if you are eligible for Medicare, contact:

1-800-MEDICARE (1‑800-633-4227).
TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048.

If you are a veteran and have a question or concern about veterans’ health care benefits, go to:

US Department of Veterans Affairs

(877) 222-VETS (8387

If you have questions about your health insurance that are not covered by the above resources, call the Health Insurance Assistance Team of the U.S. Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight at (888) 393-2789.

Back to Map