Practicing Physicians Advisory Council
In accordance with H.R. 3950, section 3134(b)(2) of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, repeals section 1860(a) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1395ee(a)), which provided for the establishment of the Practicing Physicians Advisory Council (PPAC), and specified the PPAC's composition and meeting schedule. The date of enactment of this provision is March 23, 2010. Therefore, the PPAC is being discontinued and the June meeting will not be held. To that end, CMS encourages you to take advantage of the variety of established communication channels. Below are some examples of ways physicians can stay current and provide feedback on Medicare policy:
- Public comment on all proposed Medicare regulations published in the Federal Register. Note the comments can now be submitted electronically.
- Physician Open Door Forum – held every six (6) weeks. You may register at: /OpenDoorForums.
- Town Hall meetings on FFS Medicare initiatives.
- Physician/FFS Provider specific pages – /center/provider.asp.
- CMS Regional Office provider relations staff – You can find contact information on your A/B Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) or Medicare carrier Web site.
- A/B MAC or carrier "Ask the Contractor" Calls.