The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is now soliciting bids for Round 2 Recompete and the national mail-order recompete of the Medicare DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Program.
All bids must be submitted in DBidS, the online bidding system, before 9:00pm prevailing ET on March 25, 2015. All required hard copy documents that must be included as part of the bid package must be RECEIVED by the Competitive Bidding Implementation Contractor (CBIC) on or before March 25, 2015.
All bidders must submit certain required hardcopy documents as specified in the Request for Bids (RFB)instructions. CMS urges all bidders to take advantage of the covered document review process. Under this process, suppliers whose hardcopy financial documents are received by the CBIC by the covered document review date (CDRD) are notified if any individual financial documents are missing and have an opportunity to submit the missing documents. The CDRD for Round 2 Recompete and the national mail-order recompete is February 23, 2015. Financial documents must be RECEIVED on or before February 23, 2015 to qualify for the covered document review process.
To bid, go to the CBIC website at www.dmecompetitivebid.com and click on Round 2 Recompete & National Mail-Order Recompete. Next, click on BIDDING IS OPEN above the bidding clock on that page. Prior to submitting your bid(s), we strongly recommend that you:
- Review the Request for Bids (RFB) instructions
- Watch the following short and very helpful instructional videos
- How to Complete Form A
- How to Complete Form B
- Submitting Hardcopy Documents
- Review the fact sheets, user guides, checklists, troubleshooting tips and bid preparation worksheets on the CBIC website
- Ensure the accuracy of the information on your CMS-855S enrollment application(s) with the National Supplier Clearinghouse (NSC) and in the Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS)
- Ensure that licensure and accreditation for each location on your bid(s) is up-to-date and on file with the NSC and in PECOS. Licensing requirements change periodically, and it remains the responsibility of the bidding supplier to identify and obtain all required licenses
CMS will send important bidding updates via e-mail, so all suppliers interested in bidding are urged to sign up for e-mail updates on the CBIC website.
The target registration dates for authorized officials (AOs) and backup authorized officials (BAOs) to register for a user ID and password in CMS’ Individuals Authorized Access to the CMS Computer Services (IACS) system have passed. End users (EUs), as well as any AOs and BAOs who have not yet registered, should now be registering. Only suppliers that have registered in IACS and received a user ID and password will be able to access the online bidding system and submit bids. If you do not register, you cannot bid and will not be eligible for a contract. Don’t delay—suppliers whose AOs have not registered are at risk of experiencing delays in accessing the online bidding system to get a bidder number and thereby missing the opportunity to submit financial documents by the CDRD.
Registration will close on February 17, 2015 at 9 p.m. prevailing Eastern Time – no AOs, BAOs, or EUs can register after registration closes.
To register, visit the CBIC website and click on Round 2 Recompete & National Mail-Order Recompete. Next, click on REGISTRATION IS OPEN above the registration clock on that page. Please note that suppliers with multiple locations must register only ONE time and with ONE Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN) and will submit the bids for additional locations in DBidS. If you have any questions about the registration process, please refer to the RFB instructions or contact the CBIC customer service center. Prior to registering, we strongly recommend that you:
- Review the IACS Reference Guide,
- Watch the short and very helpful instructional video, “How to Register,”and
- Use the IACS: Getting Started Registration Checklist.
The CBIC is the official information source for bidders. Suppliers are encouraged to call the CBIC customer service center toll-free at 877-577-5331, with their questions. During registration and bidding periods, the customer service center will be open from 9am to 9pm prevailing ET., Monday through Friday.