Only 2 Weeks Left to Bid for Round 2 Recompete and the National Mail-Order Recompete of the DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Program
CMS is currently accepting bids for Round 2 Recompete and the national mail-order recompete of the Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies (DMEPOS) Competitive Bidding Program. All bids must be submitted in DBidS, the online bidding system, before 9pm prevailing ET on Wednesday, March 25, 2015. All required hardcopy documents that must be included as part of the bid package must be received by the Competitive Bidding Implementation Contractor (CBIC) on or before March 25, 2015.
Here are some important reminders:
- Review the Request for Bids (RFB) instructions
- Watch the following short and very helpful instructional videos on how to Complete Form A, How to Complete Form B, and Submitting Hardcopy Documents
- Review the fact sheets, user guides, checklists, troubleshooting tips and bid preparation worksheets on the CBIC website under Bidding Suppliers
- Ensure the accuracy of the information on your CMS-855S enrollment application(s) with the National Supplier Clearinghouse (NSC) and in the Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS)
- Ensure that licensure and accreditation for each location on your bid(s) is up-to-date and on file with the NSC and in PECOS. Licensing requirements change periodically, and it remains the responsibility of the bidding supplier to identify and obtain all required licenses
- You must submit your bid in DBidS using the user ID you received during registration. If you have not already logged into DBidS, we strongly recommend that you do so now to have plenty of time to complete your bid. If you have forgotten your user ID and/or password, you may recover them by using the "Forgot Your User ID?" and "Forgot Your Password?" buttons located on the Individuals Authorized Access to the CMS Computer Services (IACS) login page.
- Your Authorized Official (AO) or Backup Authorized Official (BAO) must approve your Form A and certify your Form B before the close of bidding. If you modify your bid after it has been approved or certified, it will need to be reapproved or recertified. If Form A is not approved, or Form B is not certified, your bid cannot be evaluated, and you will not be considered for a contract. You can verify the status of your forms by logging into DBidS and checking the status page.
- All bidders must submit certain required hardcopy documents as specified in the RFB instructions. It is very important that you review the hardcopy documents section and the sample financial statements in the RFB to ensure your documents include the required information. We also encourage you to use the Hard Copy Document Package Checklist in Appendix E of the RFB. If you have already submitted your financial documents, you may still amend those documents as long as they are received by the CBIC on or before March 25, 2015. We cannot consider late, faxed, or emailed documents.
- If you submitted financial documents by the Covered Document Review Date (CDRD), February 23, 2015, you will receive an email about your financial documents from the CBIC by May 21, 2015. If you did not submit all of the required financial documents, the email will alert you to expect a letter notifying you of the specific missing financial document(s). This letter will be mailed to your organization’s AO. You will be required to submit the indicated missing financial document(s) within 10 business days of the notification. If you submitted all required financial documents, the email will confirm that the CBIC received all required financial documents and that no further action from you is required. If you did not submit any financial documents by the CDRD, you will not receive an email or a letter about your financial documents.
- If you did not submit any hard copy financial documents by the CDRD, you are still required to submit all required hard copy documents specified in the RFB on or before Wednesday, March 25, 2015.
- Preliminary Bid Evaluation: This a new notification process for suppliers bidding in Round 2 Recompete and/or the national mail-order recompete. Under this process, a preliminary review of all bids is conducted after bidding closes. The review will determine whether the bid(s) was satisfactorily completed, certified, and approved in DBidS; if a hardcopy document package was received timely; and if the location(s) met the necessary enrollment requirements for the bid(s) by the close of the bid window and is eligible for further review. This preliminary review does not include your financial documents, which is a separate review and notification process. Please see the CDRD fact sheet for more information on the covered document review process.
The CBIC is the official information source for bidders. All suppliers interested in bidding are urged to sign up for E-mail Updates on the home page of the CBIC website. For information about the Round 2 Recompete and the national mail-order recompete, please refer to the bidder education materials located under Round 2 & National Mail-Order Recompete >Bidding Suppliers on this website. The CBIC participates in numerous educational events to assist stakeholders in understanding the rules that govern the DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Program. Visit the CBIC website for a listing and schedule of educational events under the Educational Information section of the Round 2 Recompete & National Mail-Order Recompete web page.
In addition to viewing the information on the CBIC website, suppliers are encouraged to call the CBIC customer service center toll-free at 877-577-5331, with their questions. During bidding, the customer service center is open from 9am to 9pm prevailing ET.