The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is now soliciting bids for Round 1 2017 of the Medicare DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Program.
All bids must be submitted in DBidS, the online bidding system, before 9:00 p.m. prevailing Eastern Time on December 16, 2015. All required hardcopy documents that must be included as part of the bid package must be RECEIVED by the Competitive Bidding Implementation Contractor (CBIC) on or before December 16, 2015.
All bidders must submit certain required hardcopy documents as specified in the Request for Bids (RFB) instructions . CMS urges all bidders to take advantage of the covered document review process. Under this process, suppliers whose hardcopy financial documents are received by the CBIC by the covered document review date (CDRD) are notified if any individual financial documents are missing and have an opportunity to submit the missing documents. The CDRD for Round 1 2017 is November 16, 2015. Financial documents must be RECEIVED on or before November 16, 2015, to qualify for the covered document review process.
To bid, go to the CBIC website at www.dmecompetitivebid.com and click on Round 1 2017. Next, click on BIDDING IS OPEN above the bidding clock on that page. Prior to submitting your bid(s), we strongly recommend that you:
- Review the RFB
- Watch the following short and very helpful instructional videos
- How to Complete Form A
- How to Complete Form B
- Submitting Hardcopy Documents
- Review the fact sheets, user guides, checklists and bid preparation worksheets on the CBIC website
- Ensure the accuracy of the information on your CMS-855S enrollment application(s) with the National Supplier Clearinghouse (NSC) and in the Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS)
- Ensure that licensure and accreditation for each location on your bid(s) is up to date and on file with the NSC and in PECOS. Licensing requirements change periodically, and it remains the responsibility of the bidding supplier to identify and obtain all required licenses
The target registration date for authorized officials (AOs) to register for a user ID and password in CMS’ Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) system has passed. Backup authorized officials (BAOs), end users (EUs), as well as any AOs who have not yet registered, should now be registering. Only suppliers that have an EIDM user ID and password and have added access the online bidding system, DBidS, will be able to submit bids. If you do not complete registration by adding access to the DBidS application, you cannot bid and will not be eligible for a contract. Don’t delay—suppliers whose AOs have not registered are at risk of experiencing delays in accessing the online bidding system to get a bidder number and thereby missing the opportunity to submit financial documents by the CDRD.
Registration for everyone will close on November 20, 2015, at 9 p.m. prevailing Eastern Time – no AOs, BAOs, or EUs can register after registration closes.
To register,visit the CBIC website and click on Round 1 2017. Next, click on REGISTRATION IS OPEN above the registration clock on that page. Please note that suppliers with multiple locations should register only ONE time and with ONE Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN) and will submit the bids for additional locations in DBidS.
The ONLY two exceptions are:
- if you are bidding both as the primary network member and independently in another CBA and product category competition(s); and
- if your organization has separate entities – such as subsidiaries or commonly owned and/or commonly controlled organizations – that are bidding in a separate CBA and product category combination.
If either of these two exceptions applies, you should then register a different PTAN for each type of bid.
If you have any questions about the registration process, please refer to the RFB instructions or contact the CBIC customer service center. Prior to registering, we strongly recommend that you:
- Carefully read the RFB,
- Review the EIDM Reference Guide, and
- Use the EIDM Getting Started Registration Checklist.
The CBIC is the official information source for bidders. Suppliers are encouraged to call the CBIC customer service center toll-free at 877-577-5331between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. prevailing Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. Hours are extended to 9 p.m. prevailing Eastern Time during the last two weeks of the registration and bidding windows.