Registration Reminder for DMEPOS Competitive Bidding
We would like to remind all suppliers interested in participating in Round 1 2017 of the Medicare Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies (DMEPOS) Competitive Bidding Program that registration will close this FRIDAY, November 20, 2015, at 9 p.m. prevailing Eastern Time – no authorized officials (AOs), backup authorized officials (BAOs), or end users (EUs) can register after registration closes.
In order to submit a bid for the DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Program Round 1 2017, you are required to obtain a user ID and password to access the online DMEPOS bidding system (DBidS). To do so, you must first register in the Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) system and then add the DBidS application to your profile. You will not be able to bid if you do not complete registration on time. CMS strongly recommends that you review the EIDM Reference Guide and EIDM: Getting Started Registration Checklist.
To register, click here.
Remember, if you are a supplier interested in bidding, you must designate one individual listed as an AO on your organization’s CMS-855S enrollment application in the Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS) to act as your AO for registration purposes.
- After an AO successfully registers and receives his or her user ID and password, other individuals listed as an AO on the CMS-855S in PECOS may register as BAOs.
- The AO must approve a BAO’s request to register.
- The AO and BAOs can designate other individuals not listed as an AO on the CMS-855S in PECOS to serve as EUs.
- BAOs and EUs must also register for a user ID and password in EIDM in order to access DBidS.
Note: The name and Social Security number of the AO and BAO entered in EIDM must match exactly with what is recorded on the CMS-855S and on file in PECOS to register successfully. Bidders are prohibited from sharing user IDs and passwords.
Bidding for Round 1 2017 will close on Wednesday, December 16, 2015, so we would also like to remind you to:
- Review and update your enrollment records. Suppliers must maintain accurate information on their CMS-855S enrollment application with the National Supplier Clearinghouse (NSC) and in PECOS. It is important to note that if your record is not current at the time of registration, you may experience delays and/or be unable to register and bid. We will also validate your bid data against your enrollment record in PECOS during bid evaluation. If it is not current or accurate, your bid(s) may be disqualified.
- Get Licensed. Supplier locations must be licensed as applicable by the state in which it furnishes, or will furnish, products and services under the DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Program.
- Get Accredited. Supplier locations must be accredited by a CMS-approved accrediting organization for the products and services it furnishes, or will furnish, under the DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Program.
In addition to viewing the information on the CBIC website, suppliers are encouraged to call the CBIC customer service center toll-free, at 877-577-5331 between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. prevailing Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. Hours are extended to 9 p.m. prevailing Eastern Time during the last two weeks of the Round 1 2017 registration and bidding windows.