Medicare Program: Changes to the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and CY 2008 Payment Rates, Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment System and CY 2008 Payment Rates, Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment System and FY 2008 Payment Rates, and Payments for Graduate Medical Education for Affiliated Teaching Hospitals in Certain Emergency Situations
Medicare and Medicaid Programs: Hospital Conditions of Participation; Necessary Provider Designations of Critical Access Hospitals (CMS-1392-FC)
This final rule with comment period, in part, revises the Medicare hospital outpatient prospective payment system to implement applicable statutory requirements and changes arising from our continuing experience with this system. We describe the changes to the amounts and factors used to determine the payment rates for Medicare hospital outpatient services paid under the prospective payment system. These changes are applicable to services furnished on or after January 1, 2008. In addition, the rule sets forth the applicable relative payment weights and amounts for services furnished in ASCs, specific HCPCS codes to which the final policies of the ASC payment system apply, and other pertinent rate setting information for the CY 2008 ASC payment system.
NOTE: The 508 compliant version of this regulation is being developed. A link to it will be located in the "Related Links Outside CMS" section of this web page once it is available.
NOTE: For CY 2008 ASC wage index use FY 2008 Pre reclassification wage file located under the downloads section of the ASC CMS 1392-FC web page.
- Addendum M " Final HCPCS Codes for Assignment to Composite APCs
- Blood Revenue Code Cost to Charge Ratios (CCRs)
- Addendum C - This Excel file groups HCPCS codes payable under the 2008 OPPS by APC.
- Addendum D2 - This table describes comment indicators assigned to new and deleted HCPCS codes in Addendum B.
- CMS1392FC_Drug_ Median_ File.zip
- 2008 OPPS Hospital-Specific Impacts - Provider-specific data
- Addendum A - This Excel file lists, in APC order, the name, payment status indicator, relative weight, payment rate, and copayment amount(s) for the 2008 APC groups
- Addendum D1 - This table lists the 2008 OPPS payment status indicators and what they signify.
- Blood Revenue Code Cost to Charge Ratios (CCRs) File Layout
- Addendum L - Out-Migration Wage Adjustment for CY 2008
- STVX and T Packaged Codes
- 2008 OPPS Hospital-Specific Impacts - File layout
- 2008 OPPS Claims Accounting