The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight

Oklahoma Consumer Assistance

Oklahoma’s participation in the federal Consumer Assistance Program grant was completed in August 2014, but Oklahoma continues to provide assistance to consumers with health insurance questions or problems. The consumer protections and benefits of the Affordable Care Act still apply to you.

The agencies listed below can help you take advantage of some of these new protections and benefits and they can answer your questions about different types of coverage.

If you need health insurance, be sure to check out’s Plan Finder. It will help you find and compare health care coverage options in your area.

If you have questions about insurance you bought for yourself and/or your family or you have insurance provided by an employer who does business only in Oklahoma, contact:

Oklahoma Insurance Department
Oklahoma City Location and Mailing Address:
Five Corporate Plaza
3625 NW 56th, STE 100
Oklahoma City, OK 73112-4511
Local: (918) 295-3700
(405) 521-2991 (prompts to navigate departments)
(800) 522-0071 (in state only)
Fax: (918) 994-7916

Tulsa Office
7645 E. 63rd St., Suite 102
Tulsa, OK 74133
(800) 522-0071 (in state only)
(405) 521-2828

If you have a hard time affording health coverage and you have questions about eligibility for Medicaid or about current Medicaid benefits, go to:

Oklahoma Department of Human Services
2400 North Lincoln Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK 73105

You may apply in person at the County Offices of the Department of Health and Human Services, federally qualified rural health centers, and at most hospitals.
If you need help, please call (405) 521-3646.        
If you are not eligible for Medicaid, your child may still be eligible for the Children’s Health Insurance Program. For questions about eligibility or benefits, go to:

SoonerCare (CHIP)
Call to speak with an enrollment counselor
(405) 522-7300

If you have a question, complaint, or dispute regarding insurance you get through a "self-insured" employer (typically a large company or one with locations in multiple states or countries), go to:

U.S. Department of Labor
Employee Benefits Security Administration
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210
(866) 4-USA-DOL ((866) 487-2365)

If you are on Medicare and have a question, or if you have a disability or end stage renal disease and want to enroll or find out if you are eligible for Medicare, contact:

Oklahoma Medicare Assistance Program
(405) 521-6628
Toll Free: (800) 763-2828 (in state only)

If you are a veteran and have a question or concern about veterans’ health care benefits, go to:

US Department of Veterans Affairs
(877) 222-VETS (8387)

If you have questions about your health insurance that are not covered by the above resources, call the Health Insurance Assistance Team of the U.S. Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight at (888) 393-2789.



Back to Map