CMS Releases ICD-10 Assessment and Maintenance Toolkit
The ICD-10 Next Steps Toolkit gives providers the tools and information to assess ICD-10 progress using key performance indicators. With the Toolkit, providers can identify and address opportunities for improvement and maintain progress on ICD-10. The Toolkit is also available as an infographic with an accompanying Key Performance Indicators fact sheet.
CMS Issues an ICD-10 Resource to Assist Providers in Finding Answers to their ICD-10 Questions
Recognizing that health care providers may need help with the ICD-10 transition, CMS has issued a resource guide and contact list.
Medicare Fee-for-Service (FFS) Frequently Asked Questions
If you have Medicare FFS ICD-10 questions, please visit Medicare FFS FAQs for additional guidance.
Use ICD-10 Now!
ICD-10 Implementation Date: October 1, 2015
- Code services provided on or after Oct 1, 2015 with ICD-10
- Code services provided before Oct 1, 2015 with ICD-9, even if you submit the claim after Oct 1, 2015
- Medicare FFS Guidance for claims that span the compliance date and FAQs on claims processing and billing are available
The ICD-10 transition is a mandate that applies to all parties covered by HIPAA, not just providers who bill Medicare or Medicaid.
Need Some Tips?
- Check out the Use ICD-10 Now and Billing Success infographics
- See listings of CMS ICD-10 Resources and Coding and Clinical Documentation Resources
- Get going with our ICD-10 Quick Start Guide
CMS-AMA Flexibility Guidance
On July 6, 2015 CMS and AMA announce efforts to help providers get ready for ICD-10 followed by guidance and FAQs most recently updated on August 18, 2016.
CMS Acting Administrator’s Letter to Medicare Providers
On July 7, CMS Acting Administrator Andy Slavitt sent a letter to all Medicare FFS providers about ICD-10 resources and the CMS-AMA flexibility guidance.
- Page last Modified: 08/31/2017 10:35 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins