MDS 3.0 RAI Manual
This page contains the current MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.14 and MDS forms, effective October 1, 2016. This version of the MDS 3.0 RAI Manual incorporates the new Section GG: Functional Abilities and Goals, the new Part A PPS Discharge assessment, and clarifications to existing coding and transmission policy; it also addresses clarifications and scenarios concerning complex areas.
The Related Links section at the bottom of this page contains:
- MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.14 October 2016
• A single PDF file of the entire RAI manual for use as an electronic version with bookmarks that you can click on to take you to each section of the manual.
- MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.14 and Change Tables October 2016
• Traditional zip files of the RAI manual and the change tables that crosswalk the changes made to this year’s manual. Note: This is the same material as the first item above, except there are separate files for each chapter or subchapter.
- MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.14 Replacement Manual Pages and Change Tables October 2016
• Replacement pages for this year’s manual changes for those that want to just update their existing paper based manual with the pages that have changed. It also includes the change tables that crosswalk the changes made to this year’s manual.
- MDS Forms (Item Sets)
• Two folders separate the v1.14 MDS forms (MDS item sets) into those used in long term care facilities (SNFs and NFs) and those used in swing bed facilities.
- MDS RAI Manual Appendix B
• Updated contact lists for the state and regional RAI/MDS contacts.
February 23, 2017
The February 23 update of Appendix B to the RAI Manual contains changes to the list of State RAI Coordinators, MDS Automation Coordinators, RAI Panel members, and Regional Office contacts. The file is located in the Downloads section below.
Disclaimer: This webpage is the only official site where the MDS 3.0 training materials are posted. Content contained in the files posted on this site should not be changed in any manner.
Legal Notice Regarding MDS 3.0 - Copyright 2011 United States of America and interRAI. This work may be freely used and distributed solely within the United States. Portions of the MDS 3.0 are under separate copyright protections; Pfizer Inc. holds the copyright for the PHQ-9; Confusion Assessment Method. © 1988, 2003, Hospital Elder Life Program. All rights reserved. Adapted from: Inouye SK et al. Ann Intern Med. 1990; 113:941-8. Both Pfizer Inc. and the Hospital Elder Life Program, LLC have granted permission to use these instruments in association with the MDS 3.0.
- 1. MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.14 October 2016 - Opens in a new window
- 2. MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.14 and Change Tables October 2016 - Opens in a new window
- 3. MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.14 Replacement Manual Pages and Change Tables October 2016 - Opens in a new window
- 4. MDS Forms (Item Sets) v1.14 October 2016 - Opens in a new window
- 5. MDS RAI Manual Appendix B 02-23-2017 - Opens in a new window
- Page last Modified: 02/23/2017 8:55 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins