Physician Compare Initiative
Welcome to the Physician Compare Initiative webpage. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) provides this site to give physicians and other clinicians the latest resources and information about Physician Compare, a website designed to help consumers make informed choices about the health care they receive through Medicare.
Register for the “Public Reporting on Physician Compare: What you need to know” webinars
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will host two 60-minute Physician Compare webinars about public reporting on Physician Compare and information in the pipeline for potential inclusion on Physician Compare in late 2018, including Year 1 Quality Payment Program performance information. Specifically, the webinars will cover:
- Overview of public reporting on Physician Compare
- Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Alternative Payment Models (APMs) on Physician Compare
- Upcoming 30-day Preview Period
Two different times are offered to accommodate your busy schedule. Both webinars will present the same information. During each webinar, you will have an opportunity to ask questions.
Webinars will be conducted via WebEx at the following times:
- Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 11:00 am ET/ 8:00 am PT
- Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 3:00 pm ET/ 12:00 pm PT
Did you miss the “What’s New with Physician Compare” webinars?
On February 21 and 22, The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) hosted two “What’s New with Physician Compare” webinars, where we shared information about the recent PY 2016 measures release on Physician Compare, star ratings, and upcoming additions to the website including the future release of the Quality Payment Program performance information. If you missed it, check out the presentation materials:
- Presentation slides - a PDF document of the PowerPoint slides.
Contact Physician Compare
Do you have questions, suggestions, or other feedback for Physician Compare? Then contact the Physician Compare support team at PhysicianCompare@Westat.com.
- Physician_Compare_Webinar_Slides_February_2018 [PDF, 729KB]
- Physician Compare PY 2016 Non-PQRS QCDR Measures [PDF, 248KB]
- Physician Compare PY 2015 Clinician Utilization Data [PDF, 524KB]
- Physician Compare Benchmark and Star Ratings Fact Sheet [PDF, 243KB]
- Physician Compare PY 2016 Clinician Downloadable Database Measures [PDF, 131KB]
- Physician Compare PY 2016 Group Downloadable Database Measures [PDF, 179KB]
- Physician Compare PY 2016 Group Profile Page Measures [PDF, 160KB]
- Physician Compare PY 2016 ACO Profile Page Measures [PDF, 210KB]
- 2016 PQRS Star Rating Cut-Offs [PDF, 142KB]
- Page last Modified: 07/03/2018 10:39 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins