Physician Compare Initiative
Welcome to the Physician Compare Initiative webpage. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) provides this site to give physicians and other clinicians the latest resources and information about Physician Compare, a website designed to help consumers make informed choices about the health care they receive through Medicare.
Register today for the Physician Compare National Provider Call
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will host a MLN Connects® National Provider Call about Physician Compare on October 30, 2018 at 1:30 – 3:00 PM ET. Learn more about Physician Compare and the public reporting of 2017 Quality Payment Program performance information. The Physician Compare preview period allows clinicians and groups to review their performance information before it is publicly reported on the Physician Compare website.
This webinar will describe:
- What to expect during the upcoming 30-day preview period and
- How to navigate previewing your performance information
There will be a question and answer session after the presentation, during which attendees will have a chance to ask the Physician Compare team questions about Physician Compare.
If you have any questions, please contact us at PhysicianCompare@Westat.com.
Webinar Materials Available – “Public Reporting on Physician Compare: What you need to know” Webinars
On July 24, 26, and August 2, the Physician Compare support team hosted webinars about “Public Reporting and Physician Compare: What you need to know”. We presented information about public reporting on Physician Compare and what’s in the pipeline for potential inclusion on the website starting in late 2018, including Year 1 Quality Payment Program performance information. The presentation slides, recording, and transcript of this webinar are now available.
- Presentation slides – a PDF document of the PowerPoint slides
- Recording – a recording of the webinar presentation
- Transcript – a copy of the webinar’s transcript
If you have questions about Physician Compare or any of the materials shared, contact us at PhysicianCompare@Westat.com.
Contact Physician Compare
Do you have questions, suggestions, or other feedback for Physician Compare? Then contact the Physician Compare support team at PhysicianCompare@Westat.com.
- Physician_Compare_Webinar_Slides_February_2018 [PDF, 729KB]
- Physician Compare PY 2016 Non-PQRS QCDR Measures [PDF, 248KB]
- Physician Compare PY 2015 Clinician Utilization Data [PDF, 524KB]
- Physician Compare Benchmark and Star Ratings Fact Sheet [PDF, 243KB]
- Physician Compare PY 2016 Clinician Downloadable Database Measures [PDF, 131KB]
- Physician Compare PY 2016 Group Downloadable Database Measures [PDF, 179KB]
- Physician Compare PY 2016 Group Profile Page Measures [PDF, 160KB]
- Physician Compare PY 2016 ACO Profile Page Measures [PDF, 210KB]
- 2016 PQRS Star Rating Cut-Offs [PDF, 142KB]
- "Physician Compare What You Need to Know Webinar July, 26 2018" Transcript [PDF, 56KB]
- Physician Compare Webinar Slides [PDF, 668KB]
- Page last Modified: 10/10/2018 2:05 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins