Social Workers & Case Workers
Social Workers and Case Workers
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services works to build bridges between the federal government and social workers and case workers to better serve individuals and families in need of information about health insurance, health care, prevention and wellness
Open Enrollment in the Marketplace, Medicare, Medicaid and CHIP
Helping the uninsured or want to check to see if you or your client are getting the best health insurance plan that meets your needs? Open enrollment for the Health Insurance Marketplace begins on November 1. The Medicaid program, which assists people with low incomes and people with disabilities, and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) are open for enrollment year round. And Medicare Open Enrollment, which helps seniors, is from October 15 to December 7. To enroll in Medicare, visit Medicare.gov.
To enroll in the Marketplace, Medicaid and CHIP:
* Visit HealthCare.gov
* Call 1-800-318-2596: 24 hours a day, seven days a week (TTY number is 1-855-889-4325) with help in over 240 languages.
* Find Local Help to see a list of Navigators and Assisters who can help you enroll in your community.
There are many ways that you can share information about open enrollment in Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP and the Health Insurance Marketplace:
Follow HealthCare.gov, Medicare.gov, Medicaid.gov, InsureKidsNow.gov and CMS.gov on Facebook and Twitter. HHS.gov is also now on Instagram.
* Sign up to receive our e-newsletter by emailing Partnership@cms.hhs.gov .
We look forward to partnering with you on health and wellness issues!
- Page last Modified: 08/29/2017 12:29 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins