Advisory Panel on Hospital Outpatient Payment
The Panel shall consist of up to 15 total members who are representatives of providers. Members are selected by the Secretary or Administrator among the fields of hospital payment systems; hospital medical care delivery systems; provider billing and accounting systems; APC groups; CPT codes; HCPCS codes; the use of, and payment for, drugs, medical devices, and other services in the hospital outpatient setting; and other forms of relevant expertise. For supervision deliberations, the Panel shall also include members that represent the interests of Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs), who advise CMS only regarding the level of supervision for hospital outpatient services. All members shall have a minimum of 5 years experience in their area(s) of expertise, but it is not necessary that any member be an expert in all of the areas listed above. Panel members are full-time employees of hospitals, hospital systems, or other Medicare providers.
For purposes of this Panel, consultants or independent contractors are not considered to be representatives of providers. All members shall serve on a voluntary basis, without compensation, pursuant to advance written agreement. Members of the Panel shall be entitled to receive reimbursement for travel expenses and per diem in lieu of subsistence, in accordance with Standard Government Travel Regulations. Panel members may serve for up to 4-year terms. A member may serve after the expiration of his/her term until a successor has been sworn in.
A Federal official, designated by the Secretary or the Administrator, shall serve as the Chair and shall facilitate the Panel meetings. The Chair's term shall usually be for a period of 4 years, but it may be extended at the discretion of the Administrator or his/her duly appointed designee.
Meetings shall be held up to three times a year. The Panel Chair shall facilitate meetings and the DFO or designee shall be present at all meetings. Meetings shall be open to the public except as determined otherwise by the Secretary or other official to whom the authority has been delegated in accordance with the Government in the Sunshine Act of 1976 (5 U.S.C. 552b(c)) and FACA. Notice of all meetings shall be published in the Federal Register as required by applicable laws and Departmental regulations. Meetings shall be conducted, and records of the proceedings kept, as required by applicable laws and departmental regulations.
All members shall serve in a voluntary status without compensation pursuant to advance written agreement. Members of the Panel shall be entitled to receive reimbursement for travel expenses and per diem in lieu of subsistence, in accordance with Standard Government Travel Regulations.
- August 24, 2015 Agenda and Recommendations [ZIP, 86KB]
- March 09, 2015 Agenda, Recommendations, and OPPS Cost Statistics Files [ZIP, 1MB]
- 2014 HOP Panel Charter [PDF, 212KB]
- August 25, 2014 Agenda & Recommendations [PDF, 155KB]
- August 2014 HOP Panel Meeting: Supervision of Chemotherapy and Complex Drugs or Biologic Agents Administration [PDF, 21KB]
- Requests For Supervision Level Changes For Hospital Outpatient Therapeutic Services [PDF, 44KB]
- Congress Extends Enforcement Instruction on Supervision Requirements for Outpatient Therapeutic Services in Critical Access Hospitals and Small Rural Hospitals for CY 2014 [PDF, 31KB]
- Hospital Outpatient Therapeutic Services That Have Been Evaluated for a Change in Supervision Level (Updated 03/20/15) [PDF, 122KB]
- HOP Panel Presentation Information Checklist (Form CMS-20017) - Opens in a new window
- APC Panel Archives
- Medicare Program; The Advisory Panel on Hospital Outpatient Payment (HOP Panel) Spring Meeting, March 9–10, 2015 - Opens in a new window
- CMS–1636–N: Medicare Program: Notice of Four Membership Appointments to the Advisory Panel - Opens in a new window
- CMS-1626-N: Medicare Program; Solicitation of Nominations to the Advisory Panel on Hospital Outpatient Payment - Opens in a new window
- CMS–1467–N: Medicare Program; The Advisory Panel on Hospital Outpatient Payment (HOP Panel) Summer Meeting, August 25–26, 2014 - Opens in a new window
- CMS-1466-N: Medicare Program: Notice of Two Membership Appointments to the Advisory Panel on Hospital Outpatient Payment - Opens in a new window
- CMS–1639–N: Medicare Program: Renewal of the Advisory Panel on Hospital Outpatient Payment - Opens in a new window
- CMS–1638–N: Medicare Program; Announcement of the Advisory Panel on Hospital Outpatient Payment (HOP Panel) Meeting on August 24–25, 2015 - Opens in a new window
- CMS-1643-N: Medicare Program; Solicitation of Nominations to the Advisory Panel on Hospital Outpatient Payment - Opens in a new window
- Page last Modified: 08/31/2015 10:26 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins