MAPD Help Desk
Email address: MAPDHelp@cms.hhs.gov
Help Desk Phone: 1-800-927-8069
Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) Help Desk offers technical and functional support for the Medicare Advantage Health and Prescription Drug Coverage (Parts C and D) Programs. This insurance coverage is provided by:
- Medicare Advantage (MA) Plans.
- Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) Plans.
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (PDPs)
- Third parties conducting data exchanges with CMS on behalf of MA/MAPD/PDPs.
Technical Support for Plan Connectivity and Access:
- Startup, testing and implementation for connectivity to CMS systems.
- Ongoing operational support for data exchanges and system problems.
- EIDM - Enterprise IDentity Management for CMS system access and password reset inquires and issues.
MAPD Functional Support for Inquires and Issues:
- Coordination with CMS for beneficiary enrollment, disenrollment, payment and premium topics.
- MARx UI - Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug User Interface.
- eRPT - Electronic Retroactive Processing transmission.
- ELMO - Eligibility Enrollment Medicare Online.
- COB - Coordination of Benefits files.
- MDR - Medicaid Drug Rebate State Exchange.
For helpful information about the following topics, please click the link:
Bulletin Board of Current Plan Communications
- December 11, 2017 - Electronic Retroactive Processing Transmission (eRPT) Integration with CMS Enterprise
Starting Monday, November 20, 2017, eRPT will ONLY be accessible through the CMS Enterprise Portal at https://portal.cms.gov/. The Electronic Retroactive Processing Transmission (eRPT) has been integrated with the CMS Enterprise Portal to help CMS centralize their website access points.
Your User ID, password, role in eRPT, and the eRPT functionality will not change.
If you have any questions or issues accessing eRPT, please contact the MAPD Help Desk.
- November 30, 2017 - Plan Communications User Guide (Version 11.3) Now Available
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has posted a new version (version 11.3) of the Plan Communications User Guide to the MAPD Help Desk Web site. Enhancements to the Guide reflect changes incorporated from the November 2017 Release. Please reference the MAPD Plan Communications User Guide (PCUG) link for the updated Guide.
- November 15, 2017 – Year 2018 MARx Plan Monthly Calendar Now Available
The MARx Plan Monthly Calendar has been updated to reflect 2018 Plan data due dates, report release dates, and enrollment certification due dates. Text and color versions of the 2018 MARx calendar are available for Plans to review via the MAPD/MARx Calendars and Schedules link.
- November 15, 2017 – MAPD Production Schedule for 2018 Now Available
The MAPD Production Schedule has been updated to reflect 2018 file transmissions. Text and color versions of the schedule are available for Plans to review via the MAPD/MARx Calendars and Schedules link.
- Electronic Retroactive Processing Transmission (eRPT) User Manual v3.3
The eRPT Plan User Manual v3.3 has been updated and is available in the Downloads section below.
If you have any questions, please send an email to ERPT_REMEDY@scopeinfotechinc.com.
- Important Notice: MAPD Help Desk Information Request Documents
Please be advised, a new information request form has been developed for use when e-mailing the MAPD Help Desk. Use of this form is required for new inquiries, and will help ensure that all information necessary for the MAPD Help Desk to provide prompt service is captured. In support of this form, a spreadsheet template is provided for those who need to submit HICNs with their support request. Use of the form and when applicable the associated spreadsheet will help facilitate accurate and timely processing of your support request. Please note that when using the spreadsheet to ensure CMS Security Policy for sending PII is followed.
Both the MAPD Help Desk Information Request Form and MAPD Help Desk HICN Spreadsheet are provided in the Downloads section below, in the attachment titled, “MAPD Help Desk Information Request Documents.”
If you have any questions regarding secure submission of PII and/or the use of the MAPD Help Desk Information form or spreadsheet, please contact the MAPD Help Desk.
Regularly Scheduled Maintenance
As a reminder, the MARx UI may be unavailable due to Regularly Scheduled Maintenance during the following timeframes:
- Daily: 11:00 PM to 12:30 AM ET.
- Weekly: Sunday evening at 6:00 PM to Monday morning at 6:00 AM ET.
Also, GENTRAN/TIBCO may be unavailable due to Weekly System Backup during the following timeframe:
- Weekly: Sunday Morning at 1:00 AM to approximately 3:00 AM ET.
MARx UI Submission Cut Off Dates
Please reference the following table for the 2018 Plan Data Due dates for MARx transaction submissions. Cutoff for the submission of MARx transaction files is 8:00 PM (Eastern Time) on the dates listed below:
|Payment Month||Plan Data Due Date|
|January 2018||December 8, 2017|
|February 2018||January 5, 2018|
|March 2018||February 2, 2018|
|April 2018||March 9, 2018|
|May 2018||April 6, 2018|
|June 2018||May 11, 2018|
|July 2018||June 8, 2018|
|August 2018||July 6, 2018|
|September 2018||August 10, 2018|
|October 2018||September 7, 2018|
|November 2018||October 5, 2018|
|December 2018||November 9, 2018|
Contacting the MAPD Help Desk
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM ET.
- Page last Modified: 12/12/2017 8:23 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins