MAPD Help Desk
Email address: MAPDHelp@cms.hhs.gov
Help Desk Phone: 1-800-927-8069
Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) Help Desk offers technical and functional support for the Medicare Advantage Health and Prescription Drug Coverage (Parts C and D) Programs. This insurance coverage is provided by:
- Medicare Advantage (MA) Plans.
- Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) Plans.
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (PDPs)
- Third parties conducting data exchanges with CMS on behalf of MA/MAPD/PDPs.
Technical Support for Plan Connectivity and Access:
- Startup, testing and implementation for connectivity to CMS systems.
- Ongoing operational support for data exchanges and system problems.
- EIDM - Enterprise IDentity Management for CMS system access and password reset inquires and issues.
MAPD Functional Support for Inquires and Issues:
- Coordination with CMS for beneficiary enrollment, disenrollment, payment and premium topics.
- MARx UI - Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug User Interface.
- eRPT - Electronic Retroactive Processing transmission.
- ELMO - Eligibility Enrollment Medicare Online.
- COB - Coordination of Benefits files.
- MDR - Medicaid Drug Rebate State Exchange.
For helpful information about the following topics, please click the link:
Bulletin Board of Current Plan Communications
- June 21, 2018 – MARx UI and ELMO Availability on Saturday, June 23 & Sunday, June 24, 2018
Please be advised that the MARx UI will be in READ only mode from 6:00 AM ET – 9:00 AM ET, Saturday, June 23. The MARx UI will then be unavailable from 10:30 PM ET Saturday, June 23 – 7:00 PM ET Sunday, June 24 due to system maintenance. Additionally, ELMO will be unavailable from 10:30 PM ET on Saturday, June 23 – 9:30 PM ET Sunday, June 24.
- June 12, 2018 – MARx UI and Transaction Processing Schedule starting Wednesday, June 13 – Monday, June 18, 2018
Please review the information below regarding the MARx UI and transaction processing schedule from June 13 through June 18, 2018.
o 6:00 AM ET – 6:00 PM ET Wednesday, June 13: Available in UPDATE mode.
o 6:00 PM ET Wednesday, June 13 – 6:00 AM ET Thursday, June 14: Available in READ only mode
o 6:00 AM ET Thursday, June 14 – 9:30 PM ET Thursday, June 14: Available in UPDATE mode
o 9:30 PM ET Thursday, June 14 – 11:30 PM ET Saturday, June 16: Available in READ only mode
o 11:30 PM ET Saturday, June 16 – 8:00 AM ET Sunday, June 17: Unavailable
o 8:00 AM ET Sunday, June 17 – 7:00 PM ET Sunday, June 17: Available in READ only mode
o 7:00 PM ET Sunday, June 17 - 12:30 AM ET Monday, June 18: Unavailable
o 12:30 AM ET Monday, June 18 – 6:00 AM ET Tuesday, June 19: Available in READ only mode
Additionally, due to 2016 Second Final Year RAS Reconciliation processing activities, MARx will not perform any Plan transaction file processing from 6:00 PM ET – 9:00 PM ET on Wednesday, June 13 and from 9:00 PM ET Thursday, June 14 – 9:00 PM ET Monday, June 18. Submitters will not receive any Batch completion summary reports during this time. Any Plan transaction files received after 9 PM on Thursday, June 14 will be processed on Tuesday, June 19.
Also, the Daily Transaction Reply Report (DTRR) will not be transmitted to Plans from Saturday, June 16 – Tuesday, June 19. The next DTRR transmission after Friday, June 15 will be on Wednesday, June 20, 2018.
- June 11, 2018 – MARx UI Integration with CMS Enterprise Portal Postponed
Please be advised that the MARx UI integration with the CMS Enterprise Portal is being postponed until July 2018 and will be announced ahead of implementation once the date has been determined.
- June 7, 2018 – MARx UI Availability on Sunday, June 10, 2018
Due to system maintenance, please be advised that MARx UI login functionality will be unavailable from 12:00 AM ET – 4:00 AM ET on Sunday, June 10, 2018.
- May 31, 2018 – Plan Communications User Guide (Version 12.1) Now Available
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has posted a new version (version 12.1) of the Plan Communications User Guide to the MAPD Help Desk website. Please reference the MAPD Plan Communications User Guide (PCUG) link for the updated Guide.
- December 21, 2017 – TRS / Medicare Coverage of Retirees
The Teachers Retirement System (TRS) of Texas has changed its health benefits coverage for Medicare retirees and Medicare retiree dependents for 2018. Some individuals opted out of the changes, but may have received enrollment notification from their new TRS sponsored MA and/or PDP in error. Retirees with questions about their coverage should first contact TRS at 1-888-237-6762. If they still need assistance, they may call 1-800 MEDICARE.
More information can be found at: https://www.trs.texas.gov/Pages/healthcare_trs_care_medicare.aspx.
- December 11, 2017 – Electronic Retroactive Processing Transmission (eRPT) Integration with CMS Enterprise
Starting Monday, November 20, 2017, eRPT will ONLY be accessible through the CMS Enterprise Portal at https://portal.cms.gov/. The Electronic Retroactive Processing Transmission (eRPT) has been integrated with the CMS Enterprise Portal to help CMS centralize their website access points.
Your User ID, password, role in eRPT, and the eRPT functionality will not change.
If you have any questions or issues accessing eRPT, please contact the MAPD Help Desk.
- Year 2018 MARx Plan Monthly Calendar Now Available
The MARx Plan Monthly Calendar has been updated to reflect 2018 Plan data due dates, report release dates, and enrollment certification due dates. Text and color versions of the 2018 MARx calendar are available for Plans to review via the MAPD/MARx Calendars and Schedules link.
- MAPD Production Schedule for 2018 Now Available
The MAPD Production Schedule has been updated to reflect 2018 file transmissions. Text and color versions of the schedule are available for Plans to review via the MAPD/MARx Calendars and Schedules link.
- Electronic Retroactive Processing Transmission (eRPT) User Manual v3.3
The eRPT Plan User Manual v3.3 has been updated and is available in the Downloads section below.
If you have any questions, please send an email to ERPT_REMEDY@scopeinfotechinc.com.
- Important Notice: MAPD Help Desk Information Request Documents
Please be advised, a new information request form has been developed for use when e-mailing the MAPD Help Desk. Use of this form is required for new inquiries, and will help ensure that all information necessary for the MAPD Help Desk to provide prompt service is captured. In support of this form, a spreadsheet template is provided for those who need to submit HICNs with their support request. Use of the form and when applicable the associated spreadsheet will help facilitate accurate and timely processing of your support request. Please note that when using the spreadsheet to ensure CMS Security Policy for sending PII is followed.
Both the MAPD Help Desk Information Request Form and MAPD Help Desk HICN Spreadsheet are provided in the Downloads section below, in the attachment titled, “MAPD Help Desk Information Request Documents.”
If you have any questions regarding secure submission of PII and/or the use of the MAPD Help Desk Information form or spreadsheet, please contact the MAPD Help Desk.
Regularly Scheduled Maintenance
As a reminder, the MARx UI may be unavailable due to Regularly Scheduled Maintenance during the following timeframes:
- Daily: 11:00 PM to 12:30 AM ET.
- Weekly: Sunday evening at 6:00 PM to Monday morning at 6:00 AM ET.
Also, GENTRAN/TIBCO may be unavailable due to Weekly System Backup during the following timeframe:
- Weekly: Sunday Morning at 1:00 AM to approximately 3:00 AM ET.
MARx UI Submission Cut Off Dates
Please reference the following table for the 2018 Plan Data Due dates for MARx transaction submissions. Cutoff for the submission of MARx transaction files is 8:00 PM (Eastern Time) on the dates listed below:
|Payment Month||Plan Data Due Date|
|January 2018||December 8, 2017|
|February 2018||January 5, 2018|
|March 2018||February 2, 2018|
|April 2018||March 9, 2018|
|May 2018||April 6, 2018|
|June 2018||May 11, 2018|
|July 2018||June 8, 2018|
|August 2018||July 6, 2018|
|September 2018||August 10, 2018|
|October 2018||September 7, 2018|
|November 2018||October 5, 2018|
|December 2018||November 9, 2018|
Contacting the MAPD Help Desk
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM ET.
- Page last Modified: 06/21/2018 1:23 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins