MAPD Help Desk
Email address: MAPDHelp@cms.hhs.gov
Help Desk Phone: 1-800-927-8069
Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) Help Desk offers technical and functional support for the Medicare Advantage Health and Prescription Drug Coverage (Parts C and D) Programs. This insurance coverage is provided by:
- Medicare Advantage (MA) Plans.
- Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) Plans.
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (PDPs)
- Third parties conducting data exchanges with CMS on behalf of MA/MAPD/PDPs.
Technical Support for Plan Connectivity and Access:
- Startup, testing and implementation for connectivity to CMS systems.
- Ongoing operational support for data exchanges and system problems.
- EIDM - Enterprise IDentity Management for CMS system access and password reset inquires and issues.
MAPD Functional Support for Inquires and Issues:
- Coordination with CMS for beneficiary enrollment, disenrollment, payment and premium topics.
- MARx UI - Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug User Interface.
- eRPT - Electronic Retroactive Processing transmission.
- ELMO - Eligibility Enrollment Medicare Online.
- COB - Coordination of Benefits files.
- MDR - Medicaid Drug Rebate State Exchange.
For helpful information about the following topics, please click the link:
Bulletin Board of Current Plan Communications
- December 12, 2018 – MARx UI Availability on Thursday, December 13, 2018
Please be advised that the MARx UI will be unavailable from 3:00 AM ET – 6:00 AM ET on Thursday, December 13, 2018 due to urgent system maintenance.
- December 6, 2018 – MARx UI Availability on Friday, December 7 and Sunday, December 9, 2018
Please review the information below regarding the MARx UI outage schedule for Friday, December 7 and Sunday, December 9, 2018:
o 3:00 AM ET – 6:00 AM ET Friday, December 7: Not available due to urgent system maintenance.
o 12:00 AM ET – 4:00 AM ET Sunday, December 9: Available in read-only mode; however, login functionality may not be available due to weekly EIDM maintenance. Login to Portal Production will also be unavailable during this timeframe.
- December 3, 2018 – Advance Announcement of the February 2019 Software Release
Please review the memorandum entitled “Advance Announcement of the February 2019 Software Release” from Jennifer Harlow (Deputy Director, Medicare Plan Payment Group) and Cathy Carter (Director, Enterprise Systems Solutions Group) dated November 30, 2018, via the Software Release Announcements link. The memorandum provides information regarding the planned release of system changes scheduled for February 2019.
- November 30, 2018 - Plan Communications User Guide (Version 12.3) Now Available
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has posted a new version (version 12.3) of the Plan Communications User Guide to the MAPD Help Desk website. Please reference the MAPD Plan Communications User Guide (PCUG) link for the updated Guide.
- August 3, 2018 – MARx UI Integration with CMS Enterprise Portal Effective August 12, 2018
Effective Sunday, August 12, 2018, access to the MARx UI will be through the CMS Enterprise Portal at https://portal.cms.gov. Users will no longer access the MARx UI via https://marx.cms.hhs.gov. Please refer to the MARx UI-Enterprise Portal Integration Quick Reference Guide in the Download section below.
- Year 2019 MARx Plan Monthly Calendar Now Available
The MARx Plan Monthly Calendar has been updated to reflect 2019 Plan data due dates, report release dates, enrollment certification due dates, and file transmissions. The 2019 MARx calendar is available for Plans to review via the MAPD/MARx Calendars and Schedules link.
- Electronic Retroactive Processing Transmission (eRPT) User Manual v3.3
The eRPT Plan User Manual v3.3 has been updated and is available in the Downloads section below.
If you have any questions, please send an email to ERPT_REMEDY@scopeinfotechinc.com.
- Important Notice: MAPD Help Desk Information Request Documents
Please use the MAPD Help Desk Information Request Form, and when applicable the Health Insurance Claim Number (HICN) – Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) Template, and the End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Template when requesting information from the MAPD Help Desk. Use of the form and spreadsheets will help facilitate accurate and timely processing of your request. Please note that if emailing the spreadsheets they are to be password protected to ensure they are following the CMS Security Policy for PHI/PII.
All documents are provided in the Downloads section in the ZIP file entitled MAPD Help Desk Information Request Documents.
Regularly Scheduled Maintenance
As a reminder, the MARx UI may be unavailable due to Regularly Scheduled Maintenance during the following timeframes:
Daily: 11:00 PM to 12:30 AM ET.
Weekly: Sunday evening at 6:00 PM to Monday morning at 6:00 AM ET.
Also, GENTRAN/TIBCO may be unavailable due to Weekly System Backup during the following timeframe:
Weekly: Sunday Morning at 1:00 AM to approximately 3:00 AM ET.
MARx UI Submission Cut Off Dates
Please reference the following table for the 2019 Plan Data Due dates for MARx transaction submissions. Cutoff for the submission of MARx transaction files is 8:00 PM (Eastern Time) on the dates listed below:
|Payment Month||Plan Data Due Date|
|January 2019||December 7, 2018|
|February 2019||January 4, 2019|
|March 2019||February 8, 2019|
|April 2019||March 8, 2019|
|May 2019||April 5, 2019|
|June 2019||May 10, 2019|
|July 2019||June 7, 2019|
|August 2019||July 5, 2019|
|September 2019||August 9, 2019|
|October 2019||September 6, 2019|
|November 2019||October 4, 2019|
|December 2019||November 8, 2019|
Contacting the MAPD Help Desk
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM ET.
- MARx UI-Portal Integration Quick Reference Guide [PDF, 704KB]
- CMS Enterprise Portal Redesign, December 2017 [PDF, 1MB]
- MAPD POVER Process [PDF, 788KB]
- eRPT Plan User Manual v3.3 [PDF, 6MB]
- Common MARx UI Login Errors [PDF, 47KB]
- RIDP Tips For Success [PDF, 294KB]
- MAPD Help Desk Information Request Documents [ZIP, 52KB]
- Page last Modified: 12/12/2018 3:55 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins