MAPD Help Desk
Email address: MAPDHelp@cms.hhs.gov
Help Desk Phone: 1-800-927-8069
Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) Help Desk offers technical and functional support for the Medicare Advantage Health and Prescription Drug Coverage (Parts C and D) Programs. This insurance coverage is provided by:
- Medicare Advantage (MA) Plans.
- Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MAPD) Plans.
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (PDPs)
- Third parties conducting data exchanges with CMS on behalf of MA/MAPD/PDPs.
Technical Support for Plan Connectivity and Access:
- Startup, testing and implementation for connectivity to CMS systems.
- Ongoing operational support for data exchanges and system problems.
- EIDM - Enterprise IDentity Management for CMS system access and password reset inquires and issues.
MAPD Functional Support for Inquires and Issues:
- Coordination with CMS for beneficiary enrollment, disenrollment, payment and premium topics.
- MARx UI - Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug User Interface.
- eRPT - Electronic Retroactive Processing transmission.
- ELMO - Eligibility Enrollment Medicare Online.
- COB - Coordination of Benefits files.
- MDR - Medicaid Drug Rebate State Exchange.
For helpful information about the following topics, please click the link:
Bulletin Board of Current Plan Communications
- August 31, 2018 – Advance Announcement of the Fall 2018 Software Releases
Please review the memorandum entitled “Advance Announcement of the Fall 2018 Software Releases” from Jerry Mulcahy (Director, Medicare Enrollment and Appeals Group), Jennifer Harlow (Deputy Director, Medicare Plan Payment Group), Sherri McQueen (Director, Financial Services Group), and Cathy Carter (Director, Enterprise Systems Solutions Group) dated August 30, 2018, via the Software Release Announcements link. The memorandum provides information regarding the planned release of system changes scheduled for October, November, and December 2018.
- August 30, 2018 – MARx UI Availability on Saturday, September 1, 2018
Please be advised that MARx UI login functionality may not be available between 12:00 AM ET and 4:00 AM ET on Saturday, September 1, 2018 due to weekly EIDM maintenance. Also, Portal Production login will not be available.
- August 28, 2018 - MAPD Help Desk Closed on Labor Day, Monday, September 3, 2018
Please be advised that the MAPD Help Desk will be closed on Monday, September 3, 2018 due to the Labor Day holiday. The MAPD Help Desk will resume operating under its usual hours of 8:00 AM through 6:00 PM (ET) on Tuesday, September 4, 2018.
- August 15, 2018 – MARx UI Availability on Saturday, August 18 and Sunday, August 19, 2018
Please review the information below regarding the MARx UI schedule for Saturday, August 18 and Sunday, August 19, 2018:
o 12:00 AM ET – 6:00 AM ET Saturday, August 18: Available in read-only mode. However, login functionality may not be available due to EIDM Weekly Deployment. Also, Portal Production login will not be available.
o 8:00 PM ET – 11:30 PM ET Saturday, August 18: Available in read-only mode.
o 11:30 PM ET Saturday, August 18 – 8:00 AM ET Sunday, August 19: Not available due to system maintenance.
In addition to the MARx UI outage, the Daily Transaction Reply Report (DTRR) transmission to Plans on Sunday, August 19 will be delayed until 8:00 AM.
- August 14, 2018 – MARx UI Availability on Tuesday, August 14
Please be advised that MARx UI will be unavailable from 10:30 PM until 11:30 PM ET on Tuesday, August 14, due to emergency maintenance.
- August 10, 2018 – MARx UI Availability on Saturday, August 11 and Sunday, August 12, 2018
Due to integration of the the MARx UI with the CMS portal and EIDM weekly maintenance, please be advised of the following timeframes and impacts to MARx UI availability:
o 8:00 AM ET – 9:00 AM ET Saturday, August 11: Available in read-only mode, however, login functionality may not be available due to maintenance.
o 9:00 AM ET – 12:00 PM ET Saturday, August 11: Not available
o 12:00 AM ET – 4:00 AM ET Sunday, August 12: Available in read-only mode, however, login functionality may not be available due to maintenance.
- August 3, 2018 – MARx UI Integration with CMS Enterprise Portal Effective August 12, 2018
Effective Sunday, August 12, 2018, access to the MARx UI will be through the CMS Enterprise Portal at https://portal.cms.gov. Users will no longer access the MARx UI via https://marx.cms.hhs.gov. Please refer to the MARx UI-Enterprise Portal Integration Quick Reference Guide in the Download section below.
- August 1, 2018 – MARx UI Availability on Sunday, August 5, 2018
Please be advised that MARx UI login functionality may not be available between 12:00 AM ET and 4:00 AM ET on Sunday, August 5, 2018 due to weekly EIDM maintenance.
- May 31, 2018 – Plan Communications User Guide (Version 12.1) Now Available
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has posted a new version (version 12.1) of the Plan Communications User Guide to the MAPD Help Desk website. Please reference the MAPD Plan Communications User Guide (PCUG) link for the updated Guide.
- December 21, 2017 – TRS / Medicare Coverage of Retirees
The Teachers Retirement System (TRS) of Texas has changed its health benefits coverage for Medicare retirees and Medicare retiree dependents for 2018. Some individuals opted out of the changes, but may have received enrollment notification from their new TRS sponsored MA and/or PDP in error. Retirees with questions about their coverage should first contact TRS at 1-888-237-6762. If they still need assistance, they may call 1-800 MEDICARE.
More information can be found at: https://www.trs.texas.gov/Pages/healthcare_trs_care_medicare.aspx.
- December 11, 2017 – Electronic Retroactive Processing Transmission (eRPT) Integration with CMS Enterprise
Starting Monday, November 20, 2017, eRPT will ONLY be accessible through the CMS Enterprise Portal at https://portal.cms.gov/. The Electronic Retroactive Processing Transmission (eRPT) has been integrated with the CMS Enterprise Portal to help CMS centralize their website access points.
Your User ID, password, role in eRPT, and the eRPT functionality will not change.
If you have any questions or issues accessing eRPT, please contact the MAPD Help Desk.
- Year 2018 MARx Plan Monthly Calendar Now Available
The MARx Plan Monthly Calendar has been updated to reflect 2018 Plan data due dates, report release dates, and enrollment certification due dates. Text and color versions of the 2018 MARx calendar are available for Plans to review via the MAPD/MARx Calendars and Schedules link.
- MAPD Production Schedule for 2018 Now Available
The MAPD Production Schedule has been updated to reflect 2018 file transmissions. Text and color versions of the schedule are available for Plans to review via the MAPD/MARx Calendars and Schedules link.
- Electronic Retroactive Processing Transmission (eRPT) User Manual v3.3
The eRPT Plan User Manual v3.3 has been updated and is available in the Downloads section below.
If you have any questions, please send an email to ERPT_REMEDY@scopeinfotechinc.com.
- Important Notice: MAPD Help Desk Information Request Documents
Please be advised, a new information request form has been developed for use when e-mailing the MAPD Help Desk. Use of this form is required for new inquiries, and will help ensure that all information necessary for the MAPD Help Desk to provide prompt service is captured. In support of this form, a spreadsheet template is provided for those who need to submit HICNs with their support request. Use of the form and when applicable the associated spreadsheet will help facilitate accurate and timely processing of your support request. Please note that when using the spreadsheet to ensure CMS Security Policy for sending PII is followed.
Both the MAPD Help Desk Information Request Form and MAPD Help Desk HICN Spreadsheet are provided in the Downloads section below, in the attachment titled, “MAPD Help Desk Information Request Documents.”
If you have any questions regarding secure submission of PII and/or the use of the MAPD Help Desk Information form or spreadsheet, please contact the MAPD Help Desk.
Regularly Scheduled Maintenance
As a reminder, the MARx UI may be unavailable due to Regularly Scheduled Maintenance during the following timeframes:
- Daily: 11:00 PM to 12:30 AM ET.
- Weekly: Sunday evening at 6:00 PM to Monday morning at 6:00 AM ET.
Also, GENTRAN/TIBCO may be unavailable due to Weekly System Backup during the following timeframe:
- Weekly: Sunday Morning at 1:00 AM to approximately 3:00 AM ET.
MARx UI Submission Cut Off Dates
Please reference the following table for the 2018 Plan Data Due dates for MARx transaction submissions. Cutoff for the submission of MARx transaction files is 8:00 PM (Eastern Time) on the dates listed below:
|Payment Month||Plan Data Due Date|
|January 2018||December 8, 2017|
|February 2018||January 5, 2018|
|March 2018||February 2, 2018|
|April 2018||March 9, 2018|
|May 2018||April 6, 2018|
|June 2018||May 11, 2018|
|July 2018||June 8, 2018|
|August 2018||July 6, 2018|
|September 2018||August 10, 2018|
|October 2018||September 7, 2018|
|November 2018||October 5, 2018|
|December 2018||November 9, 2018|
Contacting the MAPD Help Desk
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM ET.
- MARx UI-Portal Integration Quick Reference Guide [PDF, 704KB]
- CMS Enterprise Portal Redesign, December 2017 [PDF, 1MB]
- MAPD POVER Process [PDF, 788KB]
- eRPT Plan User Manual v3.3 [PDF, 6MB]
- Common MARx UI Login Errors [PDF, 47KB]
- RIDP Tips For Success [PDF, 294KB]
- MAPD Help Desk Information Request Documents [ZIP, 52KB]
- Page last Modified: 08/31/2018 9:06 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins