Market Basket Data
Actual regulation market basket change and Medicare payment updates as published in the "Federal Register"
Current history and forecasts of the market baskets
(Note: All data and Web pages are accessible for download – see the links in the Downloads section below.)
Latest update: reflects the 2017Q2 forecast with historical data through 2017Q1.
- Quarterly index levels and 4-quarter moving average percent changes for the following:
- Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) Hospital Market Basket (base year 2014) – updates inpatient hospital operating and outpatient PPS payments; updates cost limits for children's hospitals, cancer hospitals, and religious non-medical health care institutions
- Hospital Capital Market Basket (base year 2014) – updates inpatient hospital capital PPS payments
- Skilled Nursing Facility Market Basket (base year 2014) – updates skilled nursing facility PPS payments
- Home Health Agency Market Basket (base year 2010) – updates home health PPS payments
- Long-Term Care Hospital Market Basket (base year 2013) - updates long-term care facilities PPS payments
- End-Stage Renal Disease Market Basket (base year 2012) - updates end-stage renal disease facility payments
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Market Basket (base year 2012) – updates inpatient rehabilitation facilities PPS payments
- Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Market Basket (base year 2012) – updates inpatient psychiatric facilities PPS payments
- Federally Qualified Health Center Market Basket (base year 2013) - updates federally qualified health center PPS payments
- Medicare Economic Index (base year 2006)
For further information regarding the Market Baskets, please contact DNHS@cms.hhs.gov.
- Page last Modified: 09/14/2017 10:45 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins