Shared Savings Program
Medicare Shared Savings Program (Shared Savings Program) ACOs are groups of doctors, hospitals, and other health care providers who collaborate to give coordinated high-quality care to people with Medicare, focusing on delivering the right care at the right time, while avoiding unnecessary services and medical errors. When an ACO succeeds in both delivering high-quality care and spending health care dollars more wisely, the ACO may be eligible to share in the savings it achieves for the Medicare program (also known as performance payments).
In the News
Find recent press releases about the program.
- 8/24/2023 Press Release: Medicare Shared Savings Program Saves Medicare More Than $1.8 Billion in 2022 and Continues to Deliver High-quality Care
- To view the complete performance results, refer to the Performance Year Financial and Quality Results Public Use File (PUF) on Data.CMS.gov.
- 7/13/2023 Press Release: CMS Physician Payment Rule Advances Health Equity
- Shared Savings Program Fact Sheet: Calendar Year (CY) 2024 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule — Medicare Shared Savings Program Proposals
- 2024 QPP Proposed Rule Fact Sheet and Policy Comparison Table
- Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) Fact Sheet: Calendar Year (CY) 2024 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule
- Proposed Rule: CY 2024 PFS proposed rule
- 1/17/2023: CMS Announces Increase in 2023 in Organizations and Beneficiaries Benefiting from Coordinated Care in Accountable Care Relationship
Find information about the Shared Savings Program application process. Learn more >
Program Guidance & Specifications
Find guidance and specification documents relevant to program participation, quality reporting, data and report sharing, beneficiary information, and financial and assignment methodology. Learn more >
Find publicly available datasets related to ACO participation and performance. Learn more >
Program Statutes & Regulations
Find final rules, program statutes, and other regulatory documents for the Shared Savings Program. Learn more >
Find contact information to use for Shared Savings Program inquiries.