Thursday, September 28, 2023
- CMS Statement on Current Status of Blood Tests for Organ Transplant Rejection
- CMS Roundup (Sept 22, 2023)
- Cardiovascular Disease: Talk with Your Patients about Screening
- Expanded Home Health Value-Based Purchasing Model: September Newsletter
- Checking Medicare Eligibility — Revised
CMS confirms that neither CMS nor the Medicare Administrative Contractors have made changes that affect patients’ ability to have blood tests used to monitor for organ transplantation rejection covered when ordered by their physicians in medically appropriate circumstances. Patients with transplanted hearts, lungs, or kidneys who meet the coverage criteria for these tests, as laid out in the Local Coverage Determination, can continue to access these tests in place of a more invasive biopsy.
You may be interested in these topics from the CMS Roundup:
- Study on the Prevalence of Oral Health Problems Among Nursing Home Residents
- Updated Nursing Home Staffing Measures Used for Nursing Home Compare
- Innovation Center Explains “How an Idea Becomes a Model”
Almost 40% of adults in the U.S. have high cholesterol, putting them at risk for heart disease and stroke (see CDC). World Heart Day is the perfect time to talk with your patients about cardiovascular disease screening and managing their cholesterol levels.
Medicare pays for cardiovascular disease screening tests, and your patients pay nothing if you accept assignment. Find out when your patient is eligible for a screening. If you need help, contact your eligibility service provider.
- Million Hearts® website
- Hypertension, Stroke, and Heart Failure data snapshots: Learn about disparities in Medicare patients
- Cardiovascular disease screenings: Get information for your patients
Get materials from the September ICD-10 Coordination & Maintenance Committee meeting:
- See CMS meeting materials for procedure code information
- See CDC meeting materials for diagnosis code information
Submit comments on proposed new codes, addenda, and revisions by these dates:
- October 13 to implement on April 1, 2024
- November 15 to implement on October 1, 2024
Send comments to:
- ICDProcedureCodeRequest@cms.hhs.gov for procedure code topics
- email@example.com for diagnosis code topics
Learn about the October update:
- New codes
- Recent changes
- How to find coding information
Read the September Home Health Value-Based Purchasing (HHVBP) Newsletter for the latest information, tools, and insights about the Expanded HHVBP Model.
Learn about new eligibility responses:
- Audiology services
- Prior authorization
The Medicare Learning Network®, MLN Connects®, and MLN Matters® are registered trademarks of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS).