State Access to Medicare Data
|If you're with a state Medicaid agency that wants to request data for your dual-eligible individuals, go to the State Data Resource Center (SDRC) website|
The Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office (MMCO) can help state Medicaid agencies obtain Medicare data for coordinating care, improving quality, and assuring program integrity for people who are dually enrolled in both Medicare and Medicaid, also known as dual eligible individuals.
Available Medicare Data
- Medicare Parts A, B, C, and D eligibility and enrollment data
- Medicare Parts A and B claims data
- Medicare Part D event data
- Assessments data (including MDS, OASIS, Swing Bed, and IRF-PAI)
- MMLEADS integrated data sets
State Data Resource Center (SDRC)
The SDRC offers support to state Medicaid agencies throughout the data request process and provides direct access to Medicare data experts who can help with data use and application.
Additionally, the SDRC holds webinars about how to use Medicare data, the request process, and timely topics based on inquiries from the states.
For More Information
For questions, please contact the SDRC directly.
Learn more about other CMS programs and data sharing opportunities here:
- Shared Savings Program Data for Accountable Care Organizations
- State Innovation Models
- Research Data Assistance Center (ResDAC) (for data for research uses, including a state-specific pathway to get data on all Medicare eligible beneficiaries in their state)
- Other CMS Data Resources