OASIS Data Sets
April 5, 2019
Revised versions of the OASIS-D All Items instrument and the Follow-up (FU) time point instrument are available. These versions are effective January 1, 2020. The original OASIS-D versions for all other time points remain in effect as of January 1, 2020. The revised All Items and Follow-Up instruments with the remaining OASIS-D time point versions are available together in a zip file in the Download section, below. A memorandum containing details about the changes to OASIS effective January 1, 2020 is available on the OASIS User Manuals webpage.
December 20, 2018
Effective January 1, 2019, OASIS-D is the current version of the OASIS data set. The OASIS-D instrument was approved by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) on December 6, 2018. The final OASIS-D instrument is available in the Downloads section, below. The final OASIS-D Guidance Manual is available on the OASIS User Manuals webpage.
- The OASIS-D is effective January 1, 2019.
- This version includes multiple new standardized items (GG0130, GG0170a-b, d-s, J1800, J1900) to support measurement domains mandated by the Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation (IMPACT) Act. New items were also added for standardization to align with the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility-Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI), the Long-term Care Hospital assessment set, and the Minimum Data Set( MDS): GG0100 Prior Function and G0110 Prior Device Use
- OASIS item M1311 was modified to support a new standardized pressure ulcer measure to replace the current standardized pressure ulcer measure.
- Several items were removed, including select data elements at different time points, to reduce provider and patient burden.
- The complete set of OASIS-D data items can be found in the Downloads section below.
OASIS and Medicare Home Health PPS
The most current information about Home Health Prospective Payment System (PPS) and the use of OASIS can be found on the Home Health PPS web page via the link in the “Related Links” section below.