IRF Quality Reporting Data Submission Deadlines
When does Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) quality data have to be submitted?
IRFs must report data to meet Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Quality Reporting Program (IRF QRP) Program requirements. IRFs must submit data no later than 11:59 p.m. the day of the submission deadline. The IRF-Patient Assessment Instrument (PAI) must be transmitted to CMS through the Assessment Submission and Processing (ASAP) system to the Quality Improvement Evaluation System (QIES). Data for the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) measures must be submitted to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). No additional data submission is required for the claims-based measures.
The data collection and submission deadlines for each APU determination year are summarized in the tables available in the Downloads section below.
CMS strongly encourages all facilities to submit data several days prior to the deadline to allow time to address any submission issues and to provide opportunity to review submissions to ensure data is complete.
Visit CMS Resources for NHSN Users webpage for:
- Guidance on how to run and interpret NHSN output reports
- Checklist to ensure complete reporting into NHSN.
Visit the: CMS Quality Reporting Programs Frequently Asked Questions webpage.
Please contact the NHSN Helpdesk: NHSN@cdc.gov if you have any questions.
- For questions about IRF-PAI data submissions or status of data submissions via CASPER reports, call 1-800-339-9313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about IRF quality data submitted to CMS via CDC’s NHSN, or NHSN Registration, email NHSN@cdc.gov.
- Detailed guidance on how to run and interpret IRF-PAI provider reports can be found in Section 3 of the CASPER Reporting Users Manual. For questions about quality measure calculation, data submission deadlines, or coding data elements in the IRF-PAI, email IRF.Questions@cms.hhs.gov.
- Subscribe to the PAC QRP listserv for the latest IRF quality reporting and IMPACT Act information including but not limited to training, stakeholder engagement opportunities, and general updates about reporting requirements, quality measures, and reporting deadlines.
June 26, 2018
Data Collection & Final Submissions Deadlines table posted
A table providing the data collection time frames and final submission deadlines for the FY 2020 IRF QRP has been posted in the Downloads section below.