Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) Data Submission Deadlines
When does IRF quality data have to be submitted?
IRFs must report data to meet IRF QRP requirements. IRFs must submit data no later than 11:59 p.m. the day of the submission deadline. The IRF Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI) must be transmitted to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) through the Assessment Submission and Processing (ASAP) system to the Internet Quality Improvement Evaluation System (iQIES). Data for the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) measures must be submitted to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). No additional data submission is required for the claims-based measures.
The data collection and submission deadlines for each Annual Increase Factor (AIF) determination year are summarized in the tables available in the Downloads section on this webpage.
CMS strongly encourages all facilities to submit data several days prior to the deadline to allow time to address any submission issues and to provide an opportunity to review submissions to ensure data are complete.
Visit the CMS Resources for NHSN Users webpage for:
- Guidance on how to run and interpret NHSN output reports
- Checklist to ensure complete reporting into NHSN
Visit the CMS Quality Reporting Programs Frequently Asked Questions webpage for additional information.
Please contact the NHSN Helpdesk at NHSN@cdc.gov if you have any questions.
- For questions about IRF-PAI data submissions or status of data submissions via iQIES, call 1-800-339-9313 or email email@example.com.
- For questions about IRF quality data submitted to CMS via CDC’s NHSN, or NHSN Registration, email NHSN@cdc.gov.
- References and manuals related to the submission of IRF-PAI data can be found on the QTSO IRF Reference & Manuals webpage. For questions about quality measure calculation, data submission deadlines, or coding data elements in the IRF-PAI, email IRF.Questions@cms.hhs.gov.
- Subscribe to the Post-Acute Care (PAC) QRP listserv for the latest IRF quality reporting and Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation (IMPACT) Act information including, but not limited to, training, stakeholder engagement opportunities, and general updates about reporting requirements, quality measures, and reporting deadlines.
August 11, 2020
IRF QRP Data Collection & Final Submission Deadlines for the FY 2022
A table providing the data collection time frames and final submission deadlines for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) is available in the Downloads section.