Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) Data Submission Deadlines
When does IRF quality data have to be submitted?
IRFs must report data to meet IRF QRP requirements. IRFs must submit data no later than 11:59 p.m. the day of the submission deadline. The IRF Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI) must be transmitted to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) via the Internet Quality Improvement Evaluation System (iQIES). Data for the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) measures must be submitted to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). No additional data submission is required for the claims-based measures.
The data collection and submission deadlines for each Annual Increase Factor (AIF) determination year are summarized in the tables available in the Downloads section on this webpage.
CMS strongly encourages all facilities to submit data several days prior to the deadline to allow time to address any submission issues and to provide an opportunity to review submissions to ensure data are complete.
Visit the CMS Resources for NHSN Users webpage for:
- Guidance on how to run and interpret NHSN output reports
- Checklist to ensure complete reporting into NHSN
Visit the CMS Quality Reporting Programs Frequently Asked Questions webpage for additional information.
Please contact the NHSN Helpdesk at NHSN@cdc.gov if you have any questions.
- FAQs addressing general questions about the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP), including information about the quality measures, data submission deadlines, training materials, and other helpful resources.
- For questions about IRF-Patient Assessment Instrument (PAI) data submissions or status of data submissions via the Internet Quality Improvement Evaluation System (iQIES), call 1-800-339-9313 or email email@example.com.
- For questions about IRF quality data submitted to the Centers Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) via the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN), or NHSN Registration, email NHSN@cdc.gov.
- References and manuals related to the submission of IRF-PAI data can be found on the QIES Technical Support Office (QTSO) IRF Reference & Manuals webpage. For questions about quality measure calculation, data submission deadlines, or coding data elements in the IRF-PAI, email IRF.Questions@cms.hhs.gov.
- Subscribe to the Post-Acute Care (PAC) QRP listserv for the latest IRF quality reporting and Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation (IMPACT) Act information including, but not limited to, training, stakeholder engagement opportunities, and general updates about reporting requirements, quality measures, and reporting deadlines.
September 12, 2023
Revised IRF QRP Data Collection & Final Submission Deadlines for FY 2025 and IRF QRP Data Collection & Final Submission Deadlines for FY 2026
The FY 2024 Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) Prospective Payment System (PPS) Final Rule (88 FR 50956) revised data collection and submission requirements for the IRF Quality Reporting Program (QRP) affecting the Fiscal Year (FY) 2025 and FY 2026 QRPs. A revised document providing the data collection time frames and final submission deadlines for the FY 2025 IRF QRP and a document providing the FY 2026 data collection time frames and final submission deadlines are now available in the Downloads section of this webpage.
September 22, 2022
IRF QRP Data Collection & Final Submission Deadlines for the FY 2025 IRF QRP
A table providing the data collection time frames and final submission deadlines for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2025 Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) is available in the Downloads section of this webpage.